*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2325708-Running-away-from-my-own-mind
Rated: E · Other · Personal · #2325708
Struggling with overwhelming emotions, control to reclaim and rewrite their story.

Words swirl in my mind, yet they refuse to form anything solid. It's like I'm in a constant race, always running, never able to stop. Behind me, emotions loom--fear, confusion, anger--closing in like shadows I can't escape.

"Get out of my mind!" I shout silently, desperate for peace. "I'm done playing your games, done with the lies you whisper."

But they don't listen. They keep scribbling over the pages of my life, distorting the story I want to tell. One day, they paint it with joy, a picture-perfect happiness; the next, they tear it apart, leaving nothing but chaos in their wake.

Can you just leave me alone? Let me breathe, let me think, let me write my own story, free from your relentless grip. I want to craft a life of my own making, not live a script you've written, full of twisted plots and unpredictable turns.

But even as I demand my freedom, I know the truth--they are part of me. These feelings, these thoughts--they're mine, and they're not going anywhere. So maybe, instead of running, it's time to face them. To take back the pen, and write my story, not in spite of them, but with them. Because maybe, just maybe, the story they help me write will be one worth telling.



© Copyright 2024 True Echo (gentlepen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2325708-Running-away-from-my-own-mind