*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2326151-Happy-Happy-Happy
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Writing.Com · #2326151
Celebrating Writing.com at 24
Dear The StoryMaster and The StoryMistress ,

I can't thank you enough in 1000 words or less (or 40 lines or less if I suddenly find my words rhyming) for providing me with so many opportunities to challenge and nurture and cultivate my writing abilities. I used to write sorta good, but now I right much better. Kudos and accolades and compliments to you and all the cool dudes and dudesses who have kept Writing.com going for 14 years. (Does it really seem that long?)

I was born in Albany, NY, grew up in a small town west of there, got a B.S. in environmental studies from the State University of NY at Syracuse University, met my wife-to-be there, married her there (which made her my wife-who-is), moved to a suburb of Atlanta for a year, moved to Boston, and have been in the Boston area since 1979. But enough about me (for now – there's more later).

I don't remember when or how I discovered Writing.com, but this is my tenth year as a member (which, I suppose, makes me decade-ent). I've spent many challenging but satisfying hours reading and writing stuff, some excellent, some not quite so but still pretty dang good, and some other stuff. And I've written numerous poems and stories that span those categories I just mentioned. I've written two short stories and a poem that were published in small-press periodicals, several more that weren't published, and a novel that nobody wants. But the satisfaction of reading and writing stuff on Writing.com is much greater than that earlier crap.

I'm a retired technical writer (installation manuals, maintenance manuals, on-line help) (actually, I retire every night, but I digress), which has given me much more time to attack writing challenges and read the works of other members on Writing.com. At times it seems like an obsession (my wife thinks so, at least), but it's an obsession I enjoy. At times it's a struggle, but most times I have enough self-control to stop and mow the lawn or plow the driveway when necessary. I've tried to use my writing challenges as an excuse to ask my wife to do those tasks, but she's no fool.

Anyway, I just want to say thanks again. I'm on the site most days, and I'm always looking forward to the next challenge. I don't spend as much time as I should reviewing others' work, but I promise to get better at that. And by the way, in case I forget, “Writing.com” is one of the genres I'm associating with this letter.

Gotta stop now – my keyboard is starting to smoke. Best to you both, and Happy Anniversary to everyone who reads this.

Let's all write (okay, type) like there's no tomorrow,
MoreDee2

ps. I first joined Writing.com about 12 years ago, as simply Dee2 (my initials are DD), but for some reason I closed my membership (if that's possible – don't remember the details). Anyway, long story short (oops, too late for that), 10 years ago I rejoined, but the site wouldn't let me choose the username Dee2, probably because it was already in the database. Hence, MoreDee2. (Ain't I clever? Don't answer that.)

pps. I'm curious. Do you two sleep on a StoryMattress?
© Copyright 2024 Dan I Am (mordee2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2326151-Happy-Happy-Happy