*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2326208-The-Initial-Sighting
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Drama · #2326208
Two people see each other for the first time.
Marsha’s Story.

If someone had told me that I would be meeting a man that would fill my life today I would have laughed so hard my stomach would start to hurt. Today was plant day. Nothing happened on plant day except plants.

I would not have noticed him at all except he looked at the exact Hostas I had been looking at. My breath caught, and I am not sure why. He was rather funny looking with freckles and a long, lanky body. Frankly he looked like he had just had a puberty growth spurt and some body parts hadn’t caught up to each other. But, his physique, somehow, made my insides start to melt. Some men had a sexiness that had nothing to do with look, and this man was one of those. It was confusing to my senses, but I had to say something to him. I just had to. My heart did a flip flop as I began to walk over to where he was examining a cactus plant. Why was I so nervous? It didn’t make sense.

This was exciting and flabbergasting. I didn't know what to do. I don't usually make the first move. But, before he left...

I picked up the Hostas. Was going to buy her anyway. Did he actually like Hostas? Would that be a good way to start the conversation?

I was getting nearer. He was intent. On the cactus.

"They don't need much water. You have to be careful of that," I said.

Todd’s Story

I noticed her as soon as I saw her. Flaming hair and, well, curves in all the right places. She had just looked at a Hostas. It was the one I was considering. She was a plant lover too, I decided. I wasn’t going to go over, though. But, that would be hard. She was sure of herself. She carried that body like she was a queen or something. I moved to a cactus just to keep her in sight. I could go back to the Hostas. I needed to say something to her.

Maybe I could catch her on the way out. Was that the best strategy? Strategy? It was talking to a pretty woman, not waging a war.

I saw her start to come over. I kept staring at the cactus.

The voice was sultry when I first heard it, and I knew I would never get enough that voice.

"They don't need much water," she said, "You have to be careful of that."

I managed a smile anyway. "The Hostas are more what I was looking for." I wondered if she noticed the whiney factor in my voice that everyone else complained about. When she smiled, I stopped thinking about that.

She was even more breathtaking up close. You expect red heads to have freckles, but all I could see was mysterious, amber eyes in milky white, touchable skin.

We started to chat as I went to get the Hostas I originally wanted. I was delighted to see she reached for the other one.

As she reached for the Hostas our eyes actually met. My insides nearly turned to mush as I got lost in those amber eyes. She looked into my brown ones, and the smile she gave lit up her entire face.









© Copyright 2024 amy-Has a great future ahead (shyone at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2326208-The-Initial-Sighting