*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2326678-Shadows-of-the-Agua-Fria
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Western · #2326678
A stranger rides into the old west town of Camp Verde, Arizona.
Camp Verde was a powder keg. It was originally a frontier fort protecting settlers from renegades. Now, opportunists of all sorts filled her streets, adding their tensions to the volatile situation. The last thing Camp Verde needed was a spark.

A lone rider upon a horse as black as midnight shattered the fragile peace of the frontier town. He spurred on his mount as he rode in from the South, kicking up dust clouds as he slowly scanned, taking note of all he saw. The stranger had a dark presence about him, his cold eyes narrowed to slits by the Arizona sun. He looked dangerous. Upon his hip, he wore a sawed-off Winchester repeating rifle in a custom holster. The majestic black horse moved with a slow grace, its rider bobbed lightly in the saddle. Though, it was not the graceful animal that held the towns' attention. All eyes were focused on the stranger. It was his weapon that caught every eye and suspicion drove many to utter the words "Outlaw", or "Killer". People in Camp Verde were caught off guard by this menacing presence, and could only stare as he dismounted his horse with a thud and stepped onto the boardwalk. A sense of foreboding had fallen over the town, and its people could only marvel at the coming storm.
© Copyright 2024 E. Scott Ieppert (ieppert at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2326678-Shadows-of-the-Agua-Fria