*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2326751-The-Secret
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2326751
Flash Fiction
The Secret

“I have a secret.”

“I have a zillion secrets,” Tina shot back.

“Like what?!”

“Do you know the definition of secret?”

“Well, you must have some littler ones if you have so many…”

“Still secrets…”

“Well, I’m not asking you.”

“Then why did you bring it up?”

“You aren’t even wondering?”

“I have so many secrets, I really don’t have any room to wonder about other people’s secrets. We’re friends, that’s the part I like. I don’t need to know your secrets.”

“Well, why did you ask me in the first place?”

“I didn’t, you did.”

“You seemed to need to talk about it. I thought you were just wanting to talk.”

“No, that’s not it. I asked you as a conversation starter.”

“A conversation starter?”

“Yes, when ‘normal’ people hear about a secret they try to wheedle it out of the person.”

“So, I’m not normal… I kinda like that!”

“You would… I told him it wouldn’t work…”

“Him? Him who?”

“Jared. He wanted me to tell you this secret.”

“Why?”

“I don’t know, I didn’t ask. He said he’d give me ten bucks if I pretended it was a secret.”

“Well, I guess I better hear it now…”

“Good… Oh…”

“Oh what?”

“I forgot what I was supposed to tell you!”

“You’re kidding.”

“No, it was a short conversation.”

“Well do you know how he thought I was going to react?”

“Oh, yeah! He said it would make you want to go to the mall immediately!”

“Well, let’s go!”

Later in the day, Jan needed a ride home from the mall. Tina was still there waiting for Jared’s surprise, which unfortunately, Jared had no idea about…

Fortunately for Jan, it didn’t take as many lies to get Cindy to drive her home.
© Copyright 2024 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2326751-The-Secret