*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2326756-The-birthday-virus-speaks
Rated: ASR · Monologue · Contest Entry · #2326756
All this virus does is talk for an entire two weeks. This is just the beginning.
"I'm here! For an entire two weeks, I'll be your partner in talking."

"Wait, are you who I think you are? I've heard about the birthday virus going around. I just didn't think it would happen to me."

"Yes, I am. And I love talking about birthdays. Don't you have a birthday coming up?"

"How did you know about that? I'm going to be 24 soon. You must be really into it. Anyway, is there any kind of bribe I can do in times I need you to be quiet? I can't talk about my birthday all the time."

"Oh yes you can. Of course, cupcakes and pies and I'd be silent for an hour. Consider that your quiet time. Then it's back to talking about your birthday again. You know 24 is a special number right?"

"I don't see anything special about it. Since there is time and nobody is around, maybe you could give me several reasons. I won't eat cupcakes and pies yet."

"First of all, there are several factors that go into 24. One, two, three, four, six, eight, 12, and 24. That appears eight times. You know what have eight legs? Spiders. They are clever. They weave webs to catch their prey to have food to eat. Often these are the pesky insects that we don't want. This means this will be the year for you to be clever. And creative too. The webs can look awesome. You can draw many pictures or paint many scenes if you want to. And they will sell."

"That's encouraging. So what should I start with? A painting of a swamp?"

"That will work. I like that. Use your imagination. A painting of a swamp is a perfect start."

"And this begins my journey with you. I don't know how much longer you can talk but you may keep company with me during the painting. If it gets too much though I'm getting cupcakes and pies to eat so that I could focus."

Prompt: Birthday virus speaks but does no harm.
Word Count: 336
Contest: "The Dialogue 500
© Copyright 2024 Angelica Weatherby-Fallishere (dragonfish at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2326756-The-birthday-virus-speaks