*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2326915-The-First-Date
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Erotica · #2326915
This is for my Erotica course and is from the POV of both characters.
Marsha

It turned out that we had both brought our cars to the Garden Centre, so Todd and I agreed to meet for coffee the next day. I woke up more nervous than I usually was before seeing any man. I got through the morning, and then started the drive to the mall. There was a new coffee shop opening that we had both wanted to try.

I saw his car near the mall. Was he early or was I late? Anyway, all there was left was to find out. My stomach rose with the elevator as I went to the food court. The coffee shop was bear there.

He was sitting, just sitting. He must have waited for my before he ordered. I approached the table, and he smiled. Oh my God! A movie star smile in that freckled face. My heart melted.

“Hi”, he said. The voice was whiny, almost but not unpleasant.

“Hi”, I answered, “The lattes here are fantastic.”

Uncurled his six feet and took my hand. The touch was electric to me. I surprised myself by calmly letting it happen. Up to he counter we silently looked at the menu on the wall.

“I was thinking of getting pumpkin spice while it is still available,” I said.

“Like that do you?” he said and grinned widely. My heart did a flutter.

“Crazy about it,” I answered.

We both got Pumpkin Spice lattes and went to where we had left our jackets. We got seated and silently sipped. His hand left his cup and wandered over to the knuckles of the hand that was not attached to my cup. He lightly rubbed them.

“You like gardening?” I asked.

“ Not really. I was there yesterday picking up something for my Mom. I ‘m home on leave and was helping her out, “ he tone was matter-of -fact.

“Leave?” I said.

“I’m in the Navy Reserve but stationed here. My apartment is not far from my mother’s, and I help her out a bit.”

“My parents live near where I work as well. Catering By Marsha. Have you heard of it?” I asked.

“I don’t throw a lot of parties,” he answered. The voice was so easy to get used to as I looked into eyes, deep and brown, “Catering By Marsha. Is that a coincidence?”

“I opened the place last year.”I smiled.

As I smiled his eyes lit up. It was like our hands took hold of each other unbidden. I was confused but tried not to show it. I didn’t usually touch this quickly. I also found myself telling him about how I stayed with my parents to keep my costs down while I was building my business. Sharing things with him was so easy with Todd.

“What is happening to me”

Todd

I was early. Great. Enough time to prepare for her. I had just enough time to sit briefly before she came sailing in. The walk was regal, like a queen.

“Hi” I said.

“Hi,” that sultry voice answered, “the lattes here are fantastic.”

I stood and she regarded me with surprise. My height usually did that to people. God, that voice could drive men crazy. I took her hand and hid the surprise at my boldness. She didn’t seem to mind as we went to the counter.

“I was thinking of getting pumpkin spice while its still available,” she said as we examined the menus.

“Like that, do you?” I grinned.

“Crazy about it,” she answered. I was crazy about her at that moment. One hand held our cups the other held onto each other. We both settled into our seats again.

We silently sipped our drinks. Than that voice broke the not uncomfortable silence.

“You like gardening?”she asked.

“ Not really. I was there yesterday picking up something for my Mom. I ‘m home on leave and was helping her out, “ I explained wondering if the whiny quality of my voice was making her crazy.

“Leave?” she asked.

““I’m in the Navy Reserve but stationed here. My apartment is not far from my mother’s, and I help her out a bit.” I said. She didn’t seem to have much reaction.

“My parents live near where I work as well. Catering By Marsha. Have you heard of it?” she asked.

“I don’t throw a lot of parties,” I answered. Something hit me,
“Catering By Marsha. Is that a coincidence?”

“I opened the place last year.” Her smile lit up her face.

She told me about living with her parents to keep costs down. I listened intently. In fact, I could have listened for a long while.








© Copyright 2024 amy-Has a great future ahead (shyone at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2326915-The-First-Date