*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/506277-The-Tombstone-Castle
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #506277
A story of a castle with a little girl who doesn't exist.
In the 18th century, the castle was erected. The owners had galas almost every month. Being good people to the less fortunate below they were thought of highly and revered. The castle was accessable by one road outside of town. People had come the world over to visit the family there.
Years went by quickly it seemed to where the owneres died and having the castle to remain dark.
Sometime to pass, some made up stories about the castle that it was haunted. The stories continued.
People from Tombstone begain to believe it themselves. Always dark, hauntingly, spooky, in a word, that fear gripped them all.
One night for no particular reason, I was looking at the castle. Suddenly, there were candles being lit in every room, that anyone could see from the town. Being inquisitive, I went up there and to my amazement I saw this little girl in white dress yet I could see through her to the other side of the room. I ran down to the town to get some men to affirm what I saw. They did but at 1:00 AM the candles went out one by one. No sign of the little girl dressed in white.
No child was ever known to have lived there, yet, she was there. Story is, there was a child that was part of the family but locked away from any one knowing about her. The ghost of the girl walks the castle ever lighting the candles twice every year. Tombstone, on these two occassions have an influx of people from the world over and indeed they see the same that I first saw. With no proof of any little girl eventhough the story was sure to have been true. What's more, the candles always appears every night then go out directly at 1:00AM.
© Copyright 2002 Silverindian (silverindian at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/506277-The-Tombstone-Castle