*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/639903-A-Perfect-Forever
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Teen · #639903
One of my first stories, its not very good, neither is it finished...
The soft, wet sand beneath my bare feet slips with a crunching noise and I fall for the third time. I get back to my feet feeling no pain and continue to sprint down the isolated beach. Thoughts are swimming around inside my head, my mind is screaming at me. Screaming that I have to get away. All I can focus on is the cliff. My safe-haven. It is huge and hangs far over the ocean, which brutally crashes below. I glance to my left and see the track open up a few metres in front of me. I realise that I have run much further than I had thought. I turn into the overgrown pathway and follow the winding track to the top of the cliff. As I pause and stare into the ocean for a little over a few seconds, the chilling feeling of calm before a storm hits me and I suddenly feel dizzy and more breathless. I know that I have to either go back or find the Evol before the storm hits. I can never go back, not after what happened, which leaves me only one option.

Every other time that I have come to the cliff before, it has taken at least half an hour to find the Evol. I study the sky and the ocean in a glance and estimate that I have fifteen minutes or less before the impact of the storm hits. I turn and stumble, trying to move quickly but fail it. I run towards the direction that I think the large rock with hieroglyphic symbols on it, straight into the thorny arms of a raspberry bush. The soft, over-ripe fruit squashes into my flesh and clothes, mixing with blood and leaving deep red stains. I have no idea which direction the Odnalro is. I am lost. Then the idea hits me.
“Victoria, Annabelle!” I scream into the wind, “Andrew, Aaron, Ashley, Adelle, Christopher!”
The silence of the storm is my only reply…
The ocean pounds beneath me and my heart, which has leapt up to my throat, is racing.
“Tori! Annie! Dell! Andy! Aaron! Ash! Chris! Anybody please!” I scream the names louder, pausing between each one and listening intently for a reply. My body is going numb and I can only focus on straining my ears for a reply. A faint muffled noise drifts towards me, although I don’t know where from. I scream out the familiar names yet again and hear the reply, clearer and louder now. I stumble towards the direction of the voice. In my mind I am hoping and praying to a God who I have already given up on. Fear runs through my body as I wish as hard as I can that it is one of my friends.
“Kitty, I’m over here!” Says a voice from behind me, the words now distinguishable, as the person gets closer. Shadows dance around me in the suddenly dark rainforest. One of the shadows reaches forward and grabs my arm. I am hoisted over the shoulder of one of my friends, I’m not sure which one, and carried across the rough ground. In the darkness I vaguely make out the comforting shape of the Odnalro beside me before I am placed back on the ground.
“Hurry!” My hero gives me a sharp push to get me to go down the stairs and my energy runs out. I trip down the stairs, hitting my head and knocking myself out.

* * * * *

The blackness slowly fades away and as it does it brings the memories of today’s happenings rushing back to me. I turn my sore head in the opposite direction and close my eyes. I shake my head in an attempt to stop the confusing images from playing like a video in fast forward in my head. I can sense my eyes starting to focus so I open them. The bright ceiling light shines down into my tired eyes so I turn and push my face into the soft beanbag below me, blocking out the light. I tell myself that it’s okay and that it was all a dream, but my senses tell me otherwise.

Beneath me I can feel a soft, furry beanbag, which the beach house that I am staying most definitely doesn’t supply. I can hear female voices close by and loud, heavy metal music echoing through corridors, the kind of music that my father, sister or I don’t enjoy, and my niece is too young to listen to. The smell of freshly baked muffins and biscuits reminds me of my mother but no one in my family has cooked since her death surprised us all. The salty taste of blood fills my mouth, proving that something is definitely wrong. I open my eyes and look around the familiar, brightly coloured room.

DA NA NA DA!!! What happens next? Find out the next time that I am shit bored enough to type up some more of my looooooong story!!! ;)
© Copyright 2003 CassieL-AngeL (marshmallow at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/639903-A-Perfect-Forever