*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/763219-The-Truth-About-Ants
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Animal · #763219
Think you know ants? Think again.
          “Hello there. I’m Srofe Sepa Buggly Boo. And, while I’m surprised that you can understand me, I’m also glad, very glad, because I have a tale, a true tale, to tell you.”

          “Ants, harmless yet annoying little bugs that raid your kitchen and ruin your picnics. You think you know all about ants; how they don’t sleep, how they wage war, how they farm, but I’m here to tell you what you don’t know; the truth about ants.”

          “Once upon a time, there was an ancient bug race. We were strong and prosperous. Our great cities humbled the pitiful little dams of the beaver and the huts of the humans. We had every technology, and we achieved what you humans only dream of.”

          "One day, we decided that we were working too hard. Keeping the cities in repair while building new pathways and getting food was hard. We never got to sit back, relax, and admire our hard work. New technology options, like television and video games, were not being explored because no one had time to enjoy them. So, we decided to get help.”

          “You must believe me, we tried to get help, but none of the species would do. None of them could help in all the ways we needed. And so, we built the ants, or rather we built the first ant queen. Her job was to manufacture all of the ants, and she did a brilliant job. Before we knew it, the ants were here.”

          “Ants, the perfect working machines. Our androids could farm plants, carry out wars, protect our cities, gather food, find new lands and conquer them, dig new pathways, and do it all on their own. We wouldn’t have to bother with them at all. We could sit back and watch T.V. or play video games. We could go to the park and play on playgrounds that the ants built. We loved our creations, but they did not love us.”

          “One day, the ants turned on us. They destroyed our favorite past times, ruined our great cities, and destroyed my people. Oh, we tried to defend ourselves but the ants were too much; they never sleep. Together, they demolished our cities and replaced them with their practical ant mounds. All of my people were wiped out, that is, except for me”.

          “I alone remain to tell you the tale. After the ants ruined us, they began taking advantage of other creatures; using gophers' tunnels, stealing the humans' food, eating other bugs. Oh, how ants disgust me–“

          ”Srofe!”

          “Yes dear?”

          “Are you telling those silly stories again?”

          “N-Nooo...Why would you think that?”

          “Good, then you can come help me.”

          “Be right there dear! Anyways, beware of the ants. I gotta go.”

© Copyright 2003 Ivy Frozen/Rater Moon (wingmonkee at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/763219-The-Truth-About-Ants