*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/898494-Fire-and-Moon
Rated: GC · Poetry · Adult · #898494
When two souls come together. First attempt at an erotic poem. Please offer advice if any.
Fire and Moon

Raindrops dribble against the window, shattering the evening sun.
Longing for the moon to spy on us, I call for her, my voice, a sighing whisper.
The light has changed, playing tricks on my vision making me question what color your eyes have become for all is shadow and spirit between us now.

A flickering flame fights for life in the dream-like room, some intangible in-between where we have come together at last.

Our hands meet.
The questions fade from my troubled mind. There is only the need we share.
We must have each other.

Our bodies meet.
We were filled with painful desire, lost in longing until this moment.
No more does the flame flicker.

The fire warms our skin, stifles our breath as we lean toward each other to kiss, tasting each other for the first time though many times have we shared ourselves.

We cling to one another, clothed by each other's bodies, sharing our heat, smiling at the sensation of closeness, of oneness.
The fire lights the room, shrouding our nakedness beneath a golden veil.

You carry me down against the carpet.
We fall until our bodies are joined in sweet misery, pleasure and heat, wet warmth between us.

My voice trembles and drifts.
Yours is an echo as your mouth finds mine.
I am breathless, unable to hold back my hunger for your kiss.

With curiosity unbound, you touch my breasts, stroke my nipples, lower your lips to explore. Leaning back against the carpet I hold my breath consumed by you.

Eyes close against the vision burning fire.
There is only you in this moment, all else is meaningless.
At last your lips return to mine and your body fills me.

The rhythm stays my mind.
I am alive in this moment, not turning back, not looking forward.
Passion devours my reason.

Subtle fingers trace your face above me, pausing before they flow through your hair.
Unable to hold back from you I find your waist and urge you closer with each thrust.

Legs become a tangled mass as our voices whisper and caress.
Kisses are lost and found once more.
The fire is burning down.

As the bliss of you has burnt me away, I rise above myself.
Unable to turn from the pleasure I stop breathing, stop moving.
Stop to hear your voice cry out above me.

Back within myself I breathe once more.
The air is tinged with ash and heat.
The scent of you is maddening.

As we both gasp for air the moon finds us and lights our skin a pale blue.
The fire has died.
Yet you are still with me.

















© Copyright 2004 Lady Rook (traciahmarkou at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/898494-Fire-and-Moon