*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/899233-Dnd
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Fantasy · #899233
story about kids who get sucked inside the world or dnd
It was 11:30 p.m. We had all the books out, character sheets ready, and plenty of pencils and die. Finally we could start playing Dungeons and Dragons, a tabletop role playing game. It was just the six of us, which was Bruce, Josh, Matt, Jesse, Saul, and I. I started the game since I was the Dungeon Master who is the person who runs the game.

As I started to describe the Wizard Tower where the players would start off I noticed that the lights were dimming. When I started to mention furniture in the tower I noticed my furniture was looking different.

Bruce said, “Is it just me or is the room changing?”

“Yeah, I noticed it too,” I said.

Saul whispered, “It’s still changing.”

The room’s changes were more drastic now and also everything seemed to be spinning. The walls went from pink to gray, the carpet was disappearing, pencils were flying, character sheets were being torn apart, and my D and D books were open and glowing. Then everything went black.

When I woke up I noticed that I was in the Wizard Tower that I pictured in my head. I looked around to find my friends waking up also. Then an old man dressed in gray robes walked into the room.

“My name is Frank,” said the old man. “I have teleported you six here because the universe of Dungeons and Dragons needs your help. It is slowly being taken over by the Dark Forces, which consists of dark elves, orcs, goblins, and demons. All the other races have banned together to stop them but we need you six heroes from another dimension to help us turn this war around.”

“Wait, when do we get to go home,” asked Jesse.

“If you wish I will send you home right now but I beg you to help us,” said Frank.

“Can we help you for a little while and then choose to go home,” I asked.

“Yes of course,” exclaimed Frank.

“Wow, this will be like playing D and D for real,” exclaimed Saul.

“I say we give it a shot and if we don’t like it go home,” said Josh.

“Yeah,” said Bruce.

“Oh I forgot to mention this but no time will take place while you are in this dimension,” said Frank.

“Do we get any weapons,” asked Matt.

“Why yes you each will receive equipment based on your class,” said Frank.

We huddled together to decide what to do. Each of us liked to play Dungeons and Dragons. We are agreed to give this a shot.

“Where do we get a class,” I said.

Frank pointed to a table with books on it. As we walked toward the table I noticed that each book had a title on it. The titles were Barbarian, Bard, Cleric, Druid, Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Ranger, Rogue, Sorcerer, and Wizard.

“These are the classes from D and D,” said Saul.

Jesse said, “I bet we just have to read them and we become that class.”

Matt picked up the one titled Druid, and the pages flipped magically before him.

Frank said, “Be careful once you read a book you can’t pick a different class.”

The rest of us carefully decided which book to pick up. Saul and Bruce immediately picked up the sorcerer and wizard books. Then Josh decided on the ranger book. Then Jesse picked up the paladin book and I took the cleric book.

“Well now that that’s done let me give your equipment,” said Frank.

Frank handed us each our equipment that was exactly the starting equipment if we were just playing the game. I received a heavy mace, a light crossbow, 100 bolts, a large wooden shield, and scale mail. Frank then led us downstairs and out of the tower. We soon came across an open field with three gryphons and three horses.

“Now it is time for you six too split up. One group of three will go north to the mountains to slay the enemy dragon that lives there while the other will ride out to one of our temples where a battle is taking place.”

Bruce said, “I want to slay the dragon.”

I said, “ Since you probably have healers at the temple my services should go with the team that slays the dragon.”

“So who else wants to fight the dragon,” said Frank.

“Sounds like fun,” said Josh.

The three of us hopped onto the gryphons. The gryphons took of and flew north. While heading towards the mountains Bruce and Josh decided we needed a plan of attack.

“I think we should use spells so we don’t have to get to close to the dragon.” I said.

“Well that would be nice if I knew what spells I had,” said Bruce.

Josh said, “I’ve noticed that after I read that book, if I concentrated hard enough I can feel magic within me.”

“Look over there,” said Bruce who was pointing toward a huge hole in the side of mountain.

Our gryphons landed by the hole and let us off. Josh closed his eyes and raised his hand outward where suddenly three rhinos appeared.

“Wow,” said Josh “I summoned those.”

I closed my eyes and focused on my magic. I realized that I could sense what spells I knew. I looked at Bruce who also had his eyes closed.
Then Bruce opened his eyes and nodded.

We slowly entered the hole. Inside there was a huge red dragon sleeping. Josh told the rhinos to charge. They started running and ran right into the side of the dragon. The dragon opened his eyes and stood up roaring in anger. Bruce pointed at the dragon and a lightning bolt flew from his finger into the dragon’s wing. The dragon took his tail and swung it at the rhinos and sent them into a wall from which they did not get up.

I whipped out my crossbow and started shooting for the dragon’s eyes. While I was doing this Josh charged at the dragon with his long sword and short sword out. The dragon breathed fire at Josh. Bruce pointed at the flames and a wall of ice appeared which distinguished the flames. Josh took both swords and stabbed the dragon in the gut. I then took my mace and threw it at the dragon’s head. It hit him between the eyes, which cause him to drop to the ground. Josh took out his long bow and shot an arrow into the dragon’s ear. The dragon was dead.

After healing Josh’s minor burns we hopped onto the gryphons and headed back to the tower. When we got there a huge party was going on.

Jesse ran up to us and said, “Hey guys we’re heroes now.”

“The war’s over,” I asked.

“No, but we won the battle for the temple, and you slayed the dragon who was whipping out our forces.”

“So, I guess we going to stay and fight,” said Bruce.

“Yeah,” said Josh.

Frank then walked up to us and said, “ Well heroes from another land you are need back home. When we meet again it will be at your world.”

Then everything went white. I looked around and found that I was back in my house with my friends. We all looked at each other. I noticed that we each still had the stuff we got from Frank.

“So what’s going to happen to this world,” asked Matt

“He didn’t tell us,” I said.

“Well at least we got to keep our kool weapons,” said Josh.

Saul smiled and said, “I don’t think that’s all we got to keep.”

“Yeah, my magic is still here,” said Bruce

“But of course we can’t tell anyone,” said Jesse

So then we decided to go to sleep and when we woke up we hid the stuff and never told anyone about the time we played D and D for real.
© Copyright 2004 Dracmere (dracmere at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/899233-Dnd