*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/916660-The-vision-set
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Harris
Rated: 18+ · Monologue · Psychology · #916660
simply that
The vision set


There are moments in life when we realize that the past haunts our future; although, venarable as we are and strong, we find ourselves in the space, between nothingness filled with an empty space, surrounded by thoughts and strange questions that thirst for an answer, and the unbearable reality of how everything evolves and connects like an unborn baby to his mothers womb, gasping for life…

Suddenly you find yourself at home, smoking a cigarette in front of a broken television set, and you wonder why. The sounds around you are constantly changing as you move along the path of the Unknown Soldier, seeking for a sword to fight your way through, thinking; ‘this might be a good day to die’!

Other times, the others wake you up in case you forget to live, suddenly your eyes open and you are in the same place as before. Then you think; ‘the strangest things happen to the most common people, but the people just don’t have a clue’! If time goes by slow, you light another cigarette, and it takes you a while to realize you are still in the same room, starring at the same old broken television screen, yet nothing, nothing changed at all.

-‘God, it’s hot’, we cried as we arose from our graveyards this afternoon, convincing our doubts with a cup of cold coffee, that living isn’t such a hard thing. A piece of Maria on the wall, a broken cigarette and a song brings back memories of a hysterical past. Don’t you ever wonder? ‘Will I ever see her again’? She’s shedding your tears on someone else’s breast and there’s nothing you can do about it…

Concentrate on the knowledge of the past or you will stumble in life. The lucky people are those who prefer to listen rather than always wanting to speak up their ways. The listener has every potential to be a good speaker, but if the listener speaks during the lecture, he will end up being in between the space of wisdom and foolishness. I read that on a piece of paper that I found on the floor one afternoon as I was walking back home. Then I thought; ‘to find the strangest things at the most unusual places in the most unusual times, is a blessing’!

I opened my front door and nobody was expecting me, I guess that’s one of the things you would never imagine it could happen to you, but it did. Somewhere between day and night you breathe up the fumes of the loves you once lost. In moments you realize; ‘I’m still breathing’, ‘that’s good’ I thought; maybe today is the day my life is finally going to change, yet how differently will I look my self in the mirror, what impression will I have? Or most probably…what expression? That’s when you realize it’s time to buy a new television set, in case your dreams drag you suddenly, deep down into the abyss of the never-ending silence of the night.



Harris potamitis
Italy-florence
© Copyright 2004 Harris (harris at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/916660-The-vision-set