*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/917614-Reminisce
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Apollo
Rated: 13+ · Other · Other · #917614
Hindsight is always better than foresight.
Staring at my pale face, flush with artificial life, I can think of naught to do but smile at the paradoxical irony of the situation. Even now, when my atmosphere of influence should be at its greatest, few acknowledge me. There seems to occur a pattern, as if some undiscovered law takes affect, triggered by life’s end. The whole of impact that an individual has imprinted on the world contracts to its most powerful, and as it contracts it pulls others toward it only to see them quickly repulsed by the subject. Like the initial, tender touch of water when one jumps into a pool, the initial attraction of objects around them, just for that brief moment, a strong attraction, then they are enveloped by the water and the waves now ripple out away from their point of impact.

Staring at my cold eyes, dead with insecurity, I can think of naught to do but chuckle at the banal monotony of the situation. Even now, when what others think should not be a factor in my mind, I appear apprehensive. Insecurity is a disease that many Americans, and indeed the American core itself, have procured. Insecurity worms itself into people’s lives, eating at them, causing good people to doubt themselves. Insecurity winds itself into entire communities, governments, and societies, causing the populace to turn on each other, to divide for no relevant reason. Insecurity is a salesman with poisoned goods, and who is very good at his job.

Staring at my lifeless lips, limp with so little to let loose, I can think of naught to do but cry for the gift wasted on me. Especially now, I seem as dead as I always have, as I always should have been. Life is too precious to waste on one such as me. Here steps my wife and daughter, crying wasted tears. My time with you ends soon for the casket is already beginning to close. No longer may I peer at my own shortcomings, nor may I relate philosophy, of a sort, to you, for my portal to life closes now….
© Copyright 2004 Apollo (thehellene at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/917614-Reminisce