*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/932095-Lucky-Red-Converse-Shoes
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #932095
A girl searches for lucky red shoes before her ball game. A Creative writing class piece.
Lucky Red Converse Shoes


“It’s time to wake up Lou Lou,” Lou Lou’s mother called from in the kitchen. Lou Lou Shmoo’s eyes popped open. Today was the day of the big softball game and Lou Lou was a little nervous. She got up out of bed and walked into the kitchen.

“Good morning mom.”

“Good morning Lou Lou. Are you ready for the big game today?”

“I guess, but I’m a little nervous,” Lou Lou admitted.

“You’ll do fine honey,” Lou Lou’s mother reassured her as Lou Lou began to dig into her breakfast.


It was just about time for the big game. Lou Lou was almost ready. All she had to do was find her lucky red converse shoes. “Mom, have you seen my lucky red converse shoes?” Lou Lou asked.

“Sorry sweetheart, I haven’t seen them,” Lou Lou’s mother replied.

Lou Lou decided to check under her bed. She bent down and stared at the piles of stuff crammed under her bed. With a gulp, Lou Lou began sifting through the piles. As she quickly looked at some of the items, Lou Lou found a pair of old white sneakers. “Hey, I’ve been looking for those,” she said to herself. Lou Lou put the sneakers at the foot of her bed and continued her search for her lucky red converse shoes. As she crawled deeper under her bed, Lou Lou heard a whistling sound. She turned towards the noise and saw a black hole open up. Before she had a chance to react, the hole sucked Lou Lou inside and closed it self up. PLOOP! Lou Lou flew out of the hole and landed on her bottom with a thud. As she got up and looked around, Lou Lou saw piles of toys, socks, and other things lying around.

“Who are you?” asked a loud voice.

Lou Lou turned around to find herself face to face with a giant purple gooballoop who had pink spots. “I…I’m Lou Lou Shmoo. Who are you?”
“I’m Stu, the giant gooballoop who lives under little children’s beds. What are you doing here?”

“I came here to look for my lucky red converse shoes. I need them to play in the big softball game that should be starting soon.” Lou Lou looked down with fear that she might not find her lucky red converse shoes in time for the game. Before Stu could respond, “There they are!” Lou Lou shouted, pointing towards Stu’s feet.

“You mean my new crunchers?” Stu asked.

“Yes, those are my lucky red converse shoes!” Lou Lou exclaimed excitedly.

“Why should I let you have them? I happen to like them,” Stu replied.

Lou Lou remained still in thought for a moment. “I know! I have a pair of old white sneakers I could trade you. They would suit you much better than these red ones. I think you would look better in the white shoes anyway.”
Now it was Stu’s turn to stand in thought for a moment. “Okay, you’ve got yourself a deal,” he told Lou Lou.


Lou Lou fell back onto her bed. She was back. Lou Lou quickly put on her lucky red converse shoes, and she grabbed the pair of old white sneakers and threw them under the bed for Stu. “Are you almost ready Lou Lou?” she heard her mother ask.

“Coming mom,” Lou Lou called back, while grabbing her softball gear. Lou Lou confidently made her way towards her mother so the two could leave for the game.


© Copyright 2005 talk2thebecky (talk2thebecky at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/932095-Lucky-Red-Converse-Shoes