*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/944076-Chatterbox-Finds-a-New-Home
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #944076
How my toy monkey Chatterbox came to live with me.
One day not so very long ago, it was Chatterbox's birthday. He was having fun swinging on vines through the jungle with his friends.

All at once, Chatterbox saw a flash of blue light through the trees. He raced off to the tiger area of the jungle to see what it was.

When Chatterbox got to the tiger area, he didn't see any tigers. He saw a man with a net. The net had a sparkly blue jewel on it to attract animals.

The man saw Chatterbox. He raised his net. The jewel sparkled. The man ran toward Chatterbox.

Chatterbox tried to run away, but it was too late. He was caught in the man's net. Chatterbox pulled hard on the net, but he could not break out of it. Chatterbox was sad.

The man put Chatterbox into a cage and took him to a pet store to be sold.

Soon, a woman visiting the jungle stopped in at the pet store. She saw how sad Chatterbox looked in his cage and fell in love with him. She bought Chatterbox and took him home to be her daughter Kara's pet.

Kara and Chatterbox grew up together and became best friends.


** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
Me and Chatterbox
© Copyright 2005 LittlePurpleCrayon (purplecrayon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/944076-Chatterbox-Finds-a-New-Home