*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/948298-Silent-Nature
Rated: E · Short Story · Environment · #948298
Contest entry for : Take me away
Silence. Then the sound of rushing water. A bird, wind, leafs. And suddenly there was noise everywhere; it was like the hum of a bustling city. The sky was a light blue color. The color you seldom see in nature. You could have said the sky was painted with watercolor paints. The wispy white clouds were painted with a thin brush atop the compelling blue sky. The summer flowers bloomed. Thousands of them across the 5-acre field. Pansies, daisies, and lilies in all the colors your mind could imagine. All of them resembled young maids. Talking and laughing and giggling in each other’s company. Bending their delicate heads toward each other, every time the wind soared by. The rich emerald grass was like silk upon your body. You lavished in this feeling. Never wanting to get up from this magical bed. The wind smoothed the field like a brush and shook the trees that bordered this round park. Dressed only in light shorts and a plain tee, you got a little chilly every time the wind returned. The tall towering trees moved side to side in cadenced motions. Every five minutes, you would see a V shaped flock of birds fly over you. The rushing river, that flowed four yards away from you, was hectic and ran uncontrollably down the valley. There was no other place quite like this one. Maybe close, but not the same.
© Copyright 2005 Alya Caroline (albin4ik at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/948298-Silent-Nature