*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/951113-The-Jewel-of-Creelah-3
by amazon
Rated: E · Chapter · Fantasy · #951113
Will Noakhali ever let Valdor in?


**************************************************

Valdor was very anxious to meet Princess Noakhali however he was not expecting the feelings that would come with the meeting at all. He almost lost his footing when he entered the room. Now he understood, she was breathtaking. "Valdor come sit by my side," ordered King Tryloh. Placing Valdor directly across from Noakhali. She smiled as he seated himself, it took his very breath away to see her this close. Fearing the attraction, but the longing for it to be returned was far more painful.


When they were through eating Noakhali asked Valdor to join her in the gardens for a walk Excitement and fear rose within him at the offer, "I would gladly accompany you Princess."

Not wanting to open up to him so soon, thinking he would view her as being weak she walked and listened to Valdor tell of his journey to Creelah. Longing to have seen all the places he described to her, she was almost jealous. Having never left Creelah, she has yearned to explore Metetar. The world was beautiful with plenty of enticing mystery, talk of ancient creatures still wondering the land has fed her imagination for years.

Noakhali felt great comfort in Valdor's presence, "Thank you, Valdor. I was hoping we would be able to spend time together. I saw you this morning while I was on my morning walk." "Did you now? I was under the impression that you could feel me more than see me," he responded with a touch of curiosity in his tone.

"So you feel it too? I must admit I was curious to see if my presence affected you as well. Am I right to assume that my father has consulted you as to why you are here?" hoping to find out whether or not he had decided to accept the position of captain. "Yes, I was informed last eve of my duties here. Were you notified of my arrival?"

"No, I had heard you might arrive soon but I was shocked to see you here so early. I am glad to know you didn't have any trouble on you way here. So tell me are you planning on accepting the offer my father has made?" trying hard not to push him, but her curiosity always gets the better of her.

"Yes, Princess I have decided to stay. The king's offer is very generous I would be a fool not to accept," knowing well that she had no true knowledge of her father's real offer. He could not imagine the suffering he would endure if they were to be separated now, not to mention the pain he would cause her if he did not accept to be her protector.

He could tell by her build she was no average woman, she had strength. Valdor was looking intently upon her as she walked next to him not wanting to reveal she was the cause of weakness for him. Valdor was surprised to feel such comfort now, almost as if her presence was all he would ever need. Valdor knew now why the king had said to leave would be to die inside.

There in the moons light they walked quietly side by side. Valdor accompanied Noakhali to her quarters, feeling quite energized by the time they had shared together, he was hesitant to leave her side. "Good night princess, I hope you sleep well," with that Valdor ended the night. Knowing had he lingered any longer he would have never left her side.




Noakhali was shocked by his hastened absence. Valdor was quite mysterious not really willing to speak about himself too much. She had gotten the sense that he was hiding something from her.
Feeling quite tired she decided to let it be for now, with that she fell into her overstuffed bed with its silken covers and was fast asleep.

**********************************

Surrounded by lush greens, and fragrant blooms the suns looked down on her with joy. Off in the distance she could hear something moving in the forest. Getting up to investigate, she peered through the bushes to spy the most exquisite creature. The deepest black she had ever seen, so pure it's coat had a violet sheen to it. She took a step closer and the creature heard her but did not move, it was almost as though it had been waiting there for her. Suddenly it started to move towards her, as it got closer she stepped back in shock.

Noakhali sat up in her bed, wiped a tear from her eye. She had been dreaming again, a unicorn one of the most revered creatures in her land. She had never laid eyes on one herself but had heard several stories from the elders in her tribe. Not one of the stories had ever spoken of a black unicorn. The creature from her dream had silver mane, tail, and horn, with golden eyes.

She longed to leave Creelah, but she couldn't leave her parents. Their love for her was so strong she feared ever leaving it would break their hearts. Feeling her heart sink in her chest, it would be dawn soon, and she needed her rest. Curling up in her bed she decided to go back to sleep, she would talk to her mother in the morning about her dream.

Sometime in the night Valdor remembered waking feeling quite distressed. He could not recall why, he did remember seeing the most magnificent creature. A black unicorn, though strange he felt at ease in its presence. The tales he had heard as a child made the unicorns out to be deceptive creatures, though he had never heard any tales of a black unicorn. He decided to put the thought off for now and go about his day.

The king had many plans for him, and he thought it be best to get started as soon as possible.

Noakhali looked for her mother the minute she awoke. She was in dire need to tell her of the dream she had last eve. Much to her surprise she did not feel troubled over her dream, she found herself to be more comforted, as though she had known the creature for years.

This was the disturbing thought, she had never laid eyes on such a creature. Having been raised not to fear many things, instead she was taught to respect all things. The knowledge she had of this respect and some of the mystical things in this world fed her inner desire for exploration.

Noakhali thought back to last eve, and the conversation she had with Valdor. Had she just been longing for adventure, leading her to conjure up such a creature in her dreams. No she thought, she had felt an absolute connection, as if she had known the unicorn all her life. She hastened her search for the Queen desperate for some kind of answer.
© Copyright 2005 amazon (arianne at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/951113-The-Jewel-of-Creelah-3