*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/958271-The-Perfect-Killer-Part-1-of-3
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Amanda
Rated: 13+ · Other · Crime/Gangster · #958271
The Perfect Son, the Perfect Friend, and the Perfect Killer.
Connor Prescott, the perfect son, the perfect friend, and the perfect killer.


I had met Connor over a year ago. Two of my closest friends, whom are also detectives had brought Connor in for questioning. When I had first seen Connor, I busted out in laughter, I couldn't believe these two were trying to pass this young man off as a killer. Here was a young man in his mid 20's whom looked as if he was still 18 years of age. His eyes had held an innocent, boyish look to them. They were a deep ocean blue color, he also had light brown hair along with a big charming and innocent boyish smile. He hardly held an intimidating look about him. And his weight, forget about it, Connor couldn't have weighed anymore then 105 pounds, and that there is, when wet with a few rocks in his pocket. I had looked over at the detectives with pure disbelief written all over my face. I had litterlly asked them if they were joking. They couldn't actually be serious about Connor; there's no way he could be a killer.

Detective Lane assured me that they had the right guy, he also reminded me of the movie, "The Bad Seed." Yeah, okay I remembered the movie and had let them continue their questioning. Throughout the whole interagation, I let out a few smirks. It was hard to believe this guy could grow facial hair, let along be a cold blooded killer. All evidence against him had been circumstancial at best. I had told both of my detectives they had to cut him lose. There hadn't even been any prof that the deaths brought up against Connor had been actual murders, two of them had been ruled as suicide. The third death had been suspected as a murder because of the two diffrent prints on the gun used as the murder wepon, and I'm sure their could have been a good explanation for the two diffrent prints.

Both detectives had been pretty upset about having to cut him loose, but I told them flat out we couldn't hold him or prosicute him for circumstacial evidence. Here I was, a 32 year old lawyer from England telling them how the American law system had worked. I found that to be quite funny to. If they wanted him put behind bars, they would have to come up with hard evidence, like bloody clothes or some kind of tape, or the third victims missing wedding band that his wife had been looking for. That would be the only way to prove anything, until then, they had nothing. That's all there was to it.

It had been about a week later when detective Lane had come to me asking for a search warrent for Connor's apartment. First of all, I couldn't believe they had still been on this case...Americans can deffiently be persistant, that's for sure. I called in for the search warrent and Lane had gone straight to the court house to pick it up. An hour later Connor had been brought back to the station. He still held an innocent boyish look, he acted as if he had no idea what was going on. I knew we'd have to have some hard evidence on him because once he walked into a court house with his innocent looks, the jury would fall head over heals for him, he'd become the "Innocent Little Golden Boy." As Lane had taken him into the questioning room, I had gone over to his partner Detective Kelly and asked him what they had found. Kelly had led me into the evidence room and had shown me what looked like a jewerly box, inside had been a $300 Rolex watch, and a $550 gold ring, it had been the missing weddding band. Connor hadn't been married, and as far as I had known at that time, he hadn't intendend on getting married, so the ring hadn't been his. The Rolex had belonged to a, "Brian Williams." He had been a close friend of Connor's. If Connor had these objects, that ment he had to have been there during the murders and may have helped with the so-called suicides.

After taking a look at the evidence, I told Kelly to charge Connor. Back in the questioning room, I had met Connor's lawyer, I knew exactly whom she was, we had actually gone to the same law school together back in London, I had never known her to lose a case, she could easily whipe the floor with me. Lane looked up at me then said, "Apparently Connor thought you'd be more comfertable going up against a lawyer you already know." I couldn't believe I would be going up against the 'Ice Queen' herself, "Olivia Chase." Before I could even say anything, Olivia had looked straight at me with her cold blue reletless eyes, then said, "I'll see you in court." She handed me a supenia, then had taken Connor and had left. I looked right at Lane, then said, "I hope to God you're right about this kid being the killer, because if he's not a killer, then that means I'm going through all this trouble for nothing.
With that, I had left the questioning room. Preparing myself for my meeting with Olivia in court, I had to prepare myself or she'd truely use me as her personal mop and she'd enjoy every bit of it.

To Be Continued...





© Copyright 2005 Amanda (roxula1985 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/958271-The-Perfect-Killer-Part-1-of-3