*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/962666-Summer-Nights
by Cassie
Rated: E · Poetry · Environment · #962666
I was inspired to write this from being at summer camp.
Summer Nights

Moonlight seeped through the thick blackness of night, creating shadows of leaves dancing in harmony with the summer breeze.
The air, heavy with the dampness of the morning dew clung desperately to my body leaving me chilled.
A frog’s bass voice sang to me lulling me to sleep.
Crickets whispered to each other telling precious secrets and stories.
The stream trembled in the stillness, the water embracing every pebble on its rocky bottom.

Fragrances of near by roses drifted through my senses leaving me feeling invigorated and alive.
The stillness calming me and the feeling of peace and serenity so strong I felt as if I could reach out and touch it with my fingertips.
The light breeze played its hands across my cheeks massaging them with its presence.
The tree against my back conformed its hardness to my pliable body giving me a place to rest my weary head.
The grass licked up my body giving me some warmth and comfort.

The stars in the heavens glistened bright and lonesome like diamonds in a vast black mine.
The quietness of the night screamed loudly in my ears engulfing my thoughts into a blanket of peacefulness.
The heaviness of my body increased until I dare not move.
Sleep was lurking in the darkness teasing me and whispering my name.
With comforting hands sleep came, picking me up in his arms and carrying me away in a whirlwind of dreams.


Written by
Cassandra Grass
© Copyright 2005 Cassie (rockerchika88 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/962666-Summer-Nights