*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/994337-A-Strand-of-Reality-Glossary
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Sci-fi · #994337
The glossary for A Strand of Reality. You do not have to read it to understand the story.
A Strand of Reality Glossary



Acantha Kaleda Mendora K: Pronounced A-can-tha K-lead-a Men-dora. Raelei’s father.


Alaric Skylar Carlishie J: Pronounced Al-lar-rick Sky-lar Car-lish-hee. Alaric has lived in the mines for 12 years, after being found unsuitable as a fighter.


Alassandro: Pronounced Al-lass-san-dro. The guild who invented the Ave`ril, and then guarded it.


Ariian Zaarl Mendora K: Pronounced Ar-ree-an Zarl Men-dora. Raelei’s mother. Her maiden letter was Y.


Ave`ril: Pronounced Ave-rill. The cage that holds the Nac`Ra in place.


Cobble Pio: Pronounced Cobble Po. A game invented by the miners of Iolanthae. Six stones are thrown into the air and the player is then allowed to move one of the stones to make a pattern. There are twenty recognized patterns, ranking from a Lunar Fall, worth twenty points to a Dust Knuckle, worth one point. Each player throws three time per round, and there are five rounds. Whoever has the most points in the end wins.


Nac`Ra: Otherwise known as the Black Stream. Pronounced NackRah. Once out, all will die before it’s sucking movement that takes away the DNA of any life form. The Nac`Ra is a molecular parasite that cannot be stopped by anything except Forshae. It hates the combination of chemicals in this stone, and shies away from it. However, it takes the chemical combination of Lucia and Forshae together to hold the Nac`Ra in a cage.


D’clan: Pronounced De-clan. Solider guards in the Ragax Army.


Dracia: Pronounced Drack-kia. Explosive material used in mining. The equivalent of TNT, but the material consists of laser beams that are release in a certain pattern depending on where they are placed.


Elyehu Nestor Belii C: Pronounced El-lie-hue Nest-tor Be-lie. Elyehu is the oldest of the Alassandro for this generation, but not the last.


Fisjo g’ Marsem: Pronounced Fizz-joe g Mar-sem. Dictatorship isn’t the word - Fisjo is hated by all he comes into contact with, and he loves it.


Forshae: Pronounced For-shae. The violet red stone that is mined from Iolanthae. Worth about fifteen million units per ounce of Standard Galactic Currency. One of the most expensive valuable stones available.


Fric’orphs: Pronounced Frick-or-fs. Loosely translated from Tiejed to the rear prosterior.


Hicanor: Pronounced Hick-can-nor. The key to the Ave'ril, the Hicanor is in the shape of a ring that is paper-thin. The perimeter of the ring is twelve centimeters wide and the center hole is
eight centimeters wide. The Hicanor is made out of Forshae.


Iolanthae: Pronounced I-o-lan-thia. The moon 50*284793_I_A_B in the 4728 Galaxy. It is part of the Tri-Quadant, Iolanthae is the one moon, situated furthest from the star, creating an icy habitat that covers the surface. It is capable, however, of sustaining life. Population of Iolanthae - 357,374,357. There is only one place that inhabitants can live - the city of Iolanthae. This city is divided up into two parts - the Outer and Inner Centers. The Outer Center encircles the Inner Center and they are separated by a huge wall of Lanthril. Iolanthae is also listed on the Black Market for illegal trading in
weaponry and Forshae.


Isssata: Pronounced Is-sar-tar. Tiejed term for sonofarottenegg, or bastard.


Jusstic Belt: Pronounced Just-tic Belt. The meteoroid belt is 4,000 parsecs away from Iolanthae, in the Tri-Quadrant. It is rich in Lucia, and is one of the few belts scattered through the universe that contains the mineral.


Kc: Many years ago, in 351,078, the Governors of their respective Galaxies gathered together and decide that the years would be categorized by two letters of the alphabet. Ex. 1,232 Aa : 2,643 Ab and so on. They also decided that every 10,000 years would be the change over point for the next set of letters. When this tale takes place, it is currently 73 Kc.


Kilopae: Pronounced Kill-lo-pay. Four legged mammals who have the head of a tiger, the body of a dragon, and the horn of unicorn. They are covered dappled green fur that is always changing color to blend in with the jungle they live in.
They also have the remarkable ability to change their size - but they usually stay around about 6 ft tall at the shoulder. They eat a wide range of vegetation, but will attack with razor sharp claws when aroused. They usually produced one offspring each year.


Lalajee Thais Carlishe J: Pronounced La-la-gee Tah-iss Car-lish-hee. Alaric’s mother. Her maiden letter was N.


Lanthril: Pronounced Lan-th-rill. The strongest alloy known to all Galaxies.


Lucia: Pronounced Lue-kay. Opaque milky colored crystal mined from the meteoroid belt, the Jusstic Belt.


Magnuson Burris Canute F: Pronounced Mag-new-son Bue-riss Can-ute. Greedy and selfish, Magnaz managed to reach the position of Governor of Iolanthae through the back alleys of rotten wheeling and dealing.


Mishka Jrek Carlishe: Pronounced Mish-ka J-rek Car-lish-hee. Alaric’s father.


Orion: Pronounced O-rye-on. The lock to the Ave`ril, the Orion is in the shape of a pyramid and is twenty two centimeters wide at each triangle base. The Orion is made out of Luciae.


Raelei Diosa Mendora: Pronounced Ray-lee Di-o-sa Men-dora. Raelei's life training is as a scholar.


Ragax Army: Pronounced Rag-az Army. Run by Magnaz this army of Tiejed is more of rebel core. They do all of Magnuson's work.


Sarius Jakama Ressteg K: Pronounced Sar-re-us Jack-ka-ma Ress-teg. Sarius' life training is as a pilot for the Ragax.


Sh'lac: Pronounced Shh-lack. A common curse word that basically means ‘May the fire stars fall’.

Siivilss o. Tru: Pronounced Siv-vil-liss o True. Siivilss wanted to join the army and ended up as a guard in the mines, which he hates.


Systems Command: The inter-galaxy police force.


Tiejed: A race of humanoid lizards from planet 51*284793_I_A_C, or Sii in the Galaxy 4729, or Killith, the neighbour galaxy to the Fiffeb Cluster. They stand six foot seven from the tips of their head. Dappled olive scales, with black claws, and white eyes are their outstanding features. They usually only wear a strip of cloth around their arms, not needing any clothes. They usually communicate vocally with a mixture of Universal and Tiemec, their language. Tiemec is composed mostly of hisses and clicks. They also click their jaws with either approval or laughter. Tiejed have no feelings of loyalty - they serve to gain.


Tri-Quadrant: Pronounced Trie-Quad-rant. A series of planets that revolve around each other and a class F star, in the Galaxy 4728, or the Fiffeb Cluster. The only three habitable planets in this particular part of the universe, the Tri-Quadrant, consisting of the planets Daganek, Rips`hof and VazTherd, is rich in valuable minerals. Mainly Forshae, found on Iolanthae, and Lucia, found in the Jusstic Belt. Because of the rich deposits, the Tri-Quadrant experienced many wars until the Fallout in 94,567 Jc where the Tiejed Empire gained control of the Tri-Quadrant and have ruled ever since then.


Yion: Pronounced Eye-on. The miners invented their own currency for gambling. Different rocks and crystals are worth different prices. They also use Yion to trade with each other.


Zarelix: Pronounced Z-ar-licks. A corrosive algae that eats away stones if they are left in the dark. This algae was discovered in 4,782 Jc, but the method for preventing it’s growth was only discovered in 5 Kc.


© Copyright 2005 Italics (italics at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/994337-A-Strand-of-Reality-Glossary