*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1000830-Counting-Our-Blessings
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2157052
There is beauty in all things!
#1000830 added December 25, 2020 at 9:36pm
Restrictions: None
Counting Our Blessings
Counting Our Blessings


As I sit here watching Christmas movies one after another, wishing I had my family around me to enjoy them even more. It has been a year and a half for us all and to enjoy each other’s company means so much more than usual. It goes to show you that every moment you spend with a loved one or a friend should be cherished.

I have reconnected with old friends, new family members through genealogy, ex-in-laws, and even rekindled with old family members. I was blessed with a phone call from my dad this afternoon. However, I’ve called him several times this year. He called me! My dad is one of those that if you don’t call me, you must be too busy and I don’t want to bother you. I called him on the 23rd and found out that he had had a heart attack last week and was going to his check up on the 24th. I told him that I would call him back in a few days to find out his results. He decided to call me instead. Which was a prayer I was blessed with today.

I have witnessed too much heartache this year from friends and family that didn’t get to say goodbye to loved ones. I lost two very dear friends on December 6th to covid. One I had spoken to just a month before. I got to tell her how much I missed her and her sisters. The other a mentor from church, my Brother Louis. I hadn’t talked to him in a year. It saddens my heart that much time had gone by, and neither of us had called each other. He had taken me under his wing and taught me things about the Bible that no other person had been able to open my eyes to see. They both will be missed by all who knew them.

Then a few days later, a friend posted on Facebook that his aunt had passed away. It was the saddest news he had to tell others. With our busy schedules and life, we tend to lose contact with those who truly matter to us. He went on to tell his friends that the authorities had found his aunt frozen to death because she was homeless. She had lost her job and eventually her home and ended up on the streets where she died one night.

Life is so precious, and most of us take it for granted that they will be there tomorrow. We even take that we will be here tomorrow. Nothing is promised to us except eternal life with our Heavenly Father. He begged us to remember to contact our loved ones as much as possible and to tell them that you love them.

We must tell each other how important we are to each other because tomorrow is not promised. I tried today to contact everyone who matters to me. I’m sure that I might have missed someone. I was on the phone from 8 am to 8 pm this evening, wishing my loved ones (family and friends) a Merry Christmas. To know me is to be loved by me.

God gave us His son today (those many years ago) to love us unconditionally for all times. It is amazing how we take advantage of that love that is so freely given to us. There is a lesson to learn here. Life is precious, and you need to grab it and hang on to it for as long as you are allowed to have it. Today I was so blessed by all the love that was poured out to me by family, friends, but most of all, they all know that they matter to me.

If you didn’t get a text from me or a phone call, it’s probably because I don’t have it. *Think* *Bigsmile*

Here is your hugzzzz and love from me now! *Hug* *Heart* *Hug* *Heart* *Hug* *Heart* *Hug*

I wish ya’ll a very Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year.

© Copyright 2020 LegendaryMask❤️ (UN: tblakely5 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LegendaryMask❤️ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1000830-Counting-Our-Blessings