*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1002754-A-1-Follow-the-White-Rabbit
by Rhyssa
Rated: 18+ · Book · Contest Entry · #2242614
entering Wonderland again
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1002754 added January 25, 2021 at 3:39am
Restrictions: None
A-1 Follow the White Rabbit
1. "Follow the White Rabbit" – Write about your participation in this project/activity, and what you hope to gain from it once finished. (<500 words)

When I did this challenge last year, I had no idea what I was going to get out of it. For what it's worth, I still don't entirely know. I'm not much given to this kind of self reflection, and when I make a specific goal, I sometimes find that the structure of that makes me disinclined to put in the work to get there. I'm not sure why. I think it's basic laziness. However, when I did this last year, even though I went in with no real idea of what I was going to accomplish, I knew that I needed to do it for the things that I wanted but couldn't articulate and the things that I would gain with no idea that I needed them in the first place.

The same goes this year. I don't know what I'll gain through this challenge this year. It could be just that I'll write, which is something that I've been unfortunately lacking in motivation to do over the past year or so. I want to write, but I haven't been able to convince myself to do it. Structure like this challenge gives me the impetus to write something, which puts me into the mindset to write something else, and life goes on, only better. It could be that I'll gain things that I don't know that I'll gain because I haven't done it yet, and that will be better as well.

I guess, if I have to define it, I know, based on my experience last year that this activity will stretch me. I'll do things I hadn't thought to do and think in ways I hadn't considered before. I'll write things that weren't even glimmers on the edge of my brain. I'll drink nonsense and eat logic until my mind expands into new thoughts which may turn into future stories. At the very least, I'll gain friends and ideas and have a good time and write.

Isn't that a good enough reason to participate? I think it is, for me.

word count: 342

© Copyright 2021 Rhyssa (UN: sadilou at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rhyssa has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1002754-A-1-Follow-the-White-Rabbit