*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1017455-Darkness-and-Light
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #2251487
Guided by prompts from WDC blogging challenges... and of course, life
#1017455 added September 15, 2021 at 11:39am
Restrictions: None
Darkness and Light
Day 3228: September 15, 2021

BCOF Insignia
Prompt: “All great beginnings start in the dark, when the moon greets you to a new day at midnight.” ― Shannon L. Alder
Is starting over always starting in the dark?


No. Starting over can happen in the light.

If you consider recovering addicts, they are starting over in the light in the sense that they already know what the worst thing that can happen is and are aware of the possibility of a backslide. They are "in the light" about what this new chapter in their life could bring and what they are leaving behind.

Those people who are beginning new relationships after another has gone sour are not starting off in the dark either. They are aware people can and will hurt them. They might not know what to expect from that particular person, but they know more about themselves. They know more of what they are willing to tolerate and when to stand their ground.

And any time you forgive someone and try to continue the relationship, you aren't starting in the dark. I think, sometimes, starting in the dark is preferable to what you might see in the light though. It's hard to set aside the emotions after someone has wronged you.

© Copyright 2021 LeJenD' (UN: lejendpoet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LeJenD' has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1017455-Darkness-and-Light