*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1017456-Homecooked
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2243707
Welcome to my blog: I intend to share heartfelt writing about anything that comes to mind.
#1017456 added September 15, 2021 at 12:57pm
Restrictions: None
Homecooked
The Original Logo.

PROMPT September 15th

We've all cooked meals at one time or another. What was the most memorable meal you've prepared? Tell us who you prepared it for, and the occasion that caused you to prepare this meal,


For me, this would be the first time I cooked the Thanksgiving meal for the family. There were going to be 6 of us and I cooked for 2 days like I was cooking for an army. Lol we are leftovers for a week and ended up throwing some out. I learned from that though. I learned at that time, you must consider the people you are cooking for and the amount they are able to eat. I cooked so much food, mom was storing some of it in the car because it was cold outside.

I cooked the turkey of course. I made deviled eggs, a vegetable platter, mac and cheese, chicken and dumplings, dressing, potato salad, mashed potatoes, gravy, peas, corn, green beans, dinner rolls, stuffed celery sticks, fruit salad, jello salad, pumpkin pie, chocolate pie, butterscotch pie, and cranberry sauce.

When we got done eating, mom says, “Now you get to do the dishes.” I looked at her like you have got to be kidding me. Lol I was exhausted. She laughed and told me to go rest, that her and dad would take care of the dishes. I have enjoyed cooking since I was old enough to learn, but I have always hated doing the dishes.

Unfortunately, part of cooking good food is using and cleaning the dishes. I have come to accept this truth with age. I still like to cook a good Thanksgiving meal, but definitely toned down a lot now. I enjoy get together over a home cooked meal. Occasionally I enjoy inviting friends over for dinner and a game night where we will play a board game or two afterward. That is always fun. As I get older though, I find that I have fewer and fewer people to invite over for dinner. Hopefully, I never completely run out of them because this is a good way to break the monotony.

I might cook a pot roast and veggies. I might fry some chicken with potatoes and gravy and green beans and a dinner roll. Hamburgers and tater tots are great too. It depends what everyone is in the mood for. Tacos, hot dogs, chips, steaks, and just about anything desirable sounds good to me. I am no gourmet cook, but I can cook when I really want to.

The problem is I love to eat as much as I love to cook. Needless to say, I am not skinny. I also love trying new foods, eating and cooking them. Food is fun.











a signature image created for Marvelous Friend
"I am a Rising Star!" glass image.

© Copyright 2021 Marvelous Friend (UN: pickmarvilla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Marvelous Friend has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1017456-Homecooked