*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1018741-October-5th---Tue---Plot-Climax---Where-my-story-is-heading
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #2259195
To keep all documents relating to the October Preparation Challenge for NaNoWriMo
#1018741 added October 5, 2021 at 12:55pm
Restrictions: None
October 5th - Tue - Plot: Climax - Where my story is heading
The story works towards an immanent invasion by the Iberian Governor. This is the equivalent of our Spanish Armada.

The Roman block decides to attack in this way, stung by the Celts raiding their treasure ships from the Americas. Previously they have feared to try a naval attack or invasion, because it is well known that the Council can manipulate the weather, and summon storms. However, the Roman block has a secret. It has set up a religious body named the Mithraides. This secretive organization operates outside the strictures of their religion. They have been studying the occult arts in order to launch an attack that the Celts will not be expecting. The head of the Mithraides is also the head of the finances of the Pater. He is not actively involved in the research, but ensures that the Mithraides are properly financed.

The second in command, and real moving force of the Mithraides is Iliaster da Ragusa. This man is highly intelligent, and has become fanatically obsessed with exploring the psychic realms, having a high degree of personal potential. Following his studies, he realises that the Mindwalk Pavilion is not exclusive to the Celtic people.

The attack on Albion has three phases.

Firstly William Cecil is assassinated. This is calculated to both remove his power from Council, and to cause fear, upset and disruption.

Secondly, Iliaster will launch an attack on Council, and especially Boudica from within the Mindwalk Pavilion. This attack is completely unprecedented, and shocks the Council to the core.
The aim of this attack is to prevent Council from working to attack the Iberian Invasion force with storms.

The first and most dangerous psychic attack is directed at Boudica. One member of Council, a mild and gentle man loved by everyone for his sweet nature, sacrifices himself and dies in the attack. This gives Boudica the time she needs to recover from the shock of what is happening, and respond. Iliaster attacks again, but she is ready. He taunts her, thinking that if she is angry she will make mistakes.

This is in fact his mistake, Boudica, furious to learn that he was behind the death of William Cecil, launches an incredibly powerful retaliatory attack. Illiaster is swept aside, and vanishes from the Pavilion.

Boudica aware now that his attack was to draw attention from the Invasion force, then single mindedly summons such a storm, that the sky is darkened even in Rome. The Invasion force is scattered and destroyed by psychically driven storm forces and elementals.

Boudica herself had begun to suspect that there was more to the Mindwalk Pavilion, and in the wake of expending her energies on the storm, feels herself drawn upwards in a spiral, where she glimpses another and totally new level of potential.
© Copyright 2021 Adherennium Dr of Phoolishness (UN: adherennium at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Adherennium Dr of Phoolishness has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1018741-October-5th---Tue---Plot-Climax---Where-my-story-is-heading