*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1026167-Purification-my-Butt
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2265788
Just a journal for my Keto experience and fitness journey.
#1026167 added February 6, 2022 at 5:21pm
Restrictions: None
Purification my Butt!
February, the month of purification. "Bunk!" I say.

Not that it has anything to do with February or anything else for that matter. No, it has only to do with me. I had harbored thoughts a bit ago about purification, but I had not thought this through. See, it's also the month of Valentine's and I suspect someone will provide me with some item of food that does not fall into the Keto diet (I've already hinted that dark chocolate is listed on the Keto diet, but I think there's is sugar-free and I doubt that's what I'll get.)

Besides that pesky Cupid, it's also my Granddaughter's birthday. She lives with us, so it's up to us to make her day special, so I'll be fixing her a favorite food and baking her a cake. My wife will help, but since she has to work, I'll be doing more of it. She is, however, going to decorate the cake. Ah, cake and ice cream... not Keto-friendly, but oh so yummy.

On top of this, we went to a neighboring town that has a Wal-Mart to do some shopping for the birthday girl. Not a problem, except, they also have a very good Asian Buffet. I know, just drive past it. "Yea, right!"

The problem is, both our grandchildren were with us, and both absolutely love dining there. Add into the equation the fact that the last two times we told them we would take them, it was closed. Now you can see why driving by and not stopping was a big, "Oh, hell no!" We would have had a mutiny on our hands had I even attempted to drive past.

Besides, I also enjoy eating there, and the last time we went was shortly after I started Keto. Therefore, I had to restrain from about seventy-five percent of the scrumptiousness. Since I have been doing really well, and since I've managed to hit my first goal in my weight loss, I wanted to reward myself. So, we had a wonderful dinner of terrific foods, and sure, I know I went over my calories and carbs, but it was worth it.

Now, it's time to buckle down, watch everything close until next Saturday, then I'll have to splurge and have a little cake and ice cream for my granddaughter's birthday. A couple of days later, I'll probably get some candy, hopefully, it's dark chocolate, which I do like, but whatever the gift, I'm going to enjoy some of it.

Mayhaps I should rename the month, February, the month of practicing moderation.

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.


"Reading soothes the soul, writing sets it free." T.J.



© Copyright 2022 tj ~ HiLo Silver - Away! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ HiLo Silver - Away! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1026167-Purification-my-Butt