*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1039053-10-11-22
Rated: E · Book · Opinion · #2282648
My thoughts about things.
#1039053 added October 11, 2022 at 9:52am
Restrictions: None
10-11-22
So, so much to learn. Ugh.
I love learning, really, I do, but sometimes it can feel like it bogs down my time. Like a toddler seeing something shiny and wanting to grab it and run, I have to remind myself that I'm older (definitely) and wiser (arguably) and need to take the time to learn. My current thing to learn?
Writing.com - its ins and outs, authors, published pieces, how to be a successful author here and publish my pieces
What does it have to offer me?
What do I have to offer it?
The resounding answer to both is A LOT.
I've had the thought since I found this place recently, why in the world didn't I find it sooner? It's been here 22 years and I'm just now stumbling across it?? *sigh*
But here's the thing. I really believe that everything happens for a reason.
The good, the bad. The ugliness that haunts us at 2am. The beauty that makes our breath catch, just when we seem to need it.
It also happens in its own good time.
It doesn't matter if you believe in a higher power (I do), the universe at play, or nothing at all... we can't force things, we can't stop things.
What we can do is appreciate what we have when we have it. Make our plans but be flexible.
If I had found this place 22 years ago, I might not have stayed focused on that which needed my devoted attention all those years.
Now, when my life is beginning to shift again, I found it. So, I'm grateful for the chance to experience it.
Also, a reminder to self - SLOW DOWN, enjoy the view, smell the coffee (sorry flowers, coffee wins), touch some hearts (not literally), taste the cake batter (yes, literally), and listen to the voice inside that is cheering you on in encouragement (flick that other mean little sucker into the trash where it belongs).

~
Learn from the Past,
Plan for the Future,
Live in the Present
~

© Copyright 2022 Mad(Hatter)die Stone (UN: stoland1999 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mad(Hatter)die Stone has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1039053-10-11-22