*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1039155-10-13-22
Rated: E · Book · Opinion · #2282648
My thoughts about things.
#1039155 added October 13, 2022 at 9:39am
Restrictions: None
10-13-22
Lesson learned - if you can't finish your post before you have to walk away, write it in another program and then copy/paste here because I lost mine from yesterday. Ugh. I know better.
Quick recap for yesterday - rough start to the day, but good ending! Energy and inspiration were so very low to start the morning. When struggling, remember to focus on even the smallest of good things and build from there. Got to work in the yard *Grass* and go to the gym *Biking* - both great things! Rolling story ideas through my head while doing yard work and reading a favorite book (Nora Roberts - Northern Lights) while at the gym. Good for the body, soul and heart. *HeartG* Also - I won the Writer's Cramp contest and the Bones Roll!! WOW *Delight*

Ok, so on to today.
I've been thinking of what to do with my blog other than just write about my day (which is fine if I just need to do that). I've had the thought that I want to do themes for each day and put together a loose list.

Thursday - THESAURAS *DinoTrex*

In my own experience, writers tend to have a surplus of words to use on a daily basis. How each of us uses those words is quite different. I find that if I get mine out creatively it bodes well for those that live with me. If I don't get to write, it feels like they build up until I'm more likely to overflow and drive everyone in the house nuts (including the pets some days).
But... having a surplus doesn't mean we always have the words we want at our disposal. Some words don't fit certain situations or maybe we keep having the same word pop up as a description. That's when we need to access our dino dictionary, otherwise known as the thesaurus *RWAR*

My word to choose for today's selection:

WALK (verb) – hike, jaunt, step, stroll, march, pace, ramble, traipse, tramp, stride, schlepp, saunter

Why walk when we can… *insert synonym here*

Walk is simple term that most readers are, of course, going to recognize, but it is so plain. It gets the job done, but doesn’t help move the story along. Some of those other words that can be substituted do so much more! They give us not only motion, but mood, intent, even perhaps describing the location.

With a quick jaunt, Sally crossed the street on her way to the bakery.

Eric traipsed along wishing that he was anywhere but the gymnasium of his school.

Sauntering into the kitchen, Matt snagged a chocolate chip cookie off the plate on the counter.



© Copyright 2022 Mad(Hatter)die Stone (UN: stoland1999 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mad(Hatter)die Stone has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1039155-10-13-22