*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1044482-02-08-23-Cabin-Fever
Rated: E · Book · Opinion · #2282648
My thoughts about things.
#1044482 added February 8, 2023 at 10:51pm
Restrictions: None
02-08-23 Cabin Fever
A song comes to mind. It's a favorite of mine.

Fair warning, I am about to link to a Jimmy Buffett song.

Whether you like his music or not (it seems to be polarizing - love it or hate it), it's the lyrics that fit this time of the year for me.



Or, here are the lyrics, if you care to read them instead of listening to the song.

Lyrics to the song Boat Drinks by Jimmy Buffett

I actually love winter, but by this time of the year, even I am craving the beginnings of Spring. The trees are too bare, the grass is too sparse and brown. And most of all - we are ALL driving each other NUTS! *Smile* I tend to be the diplomat in the house (until I can't take it anymore), so I've been averting skirmishes, fistfights, brawls and outright war for long enough. Mother Nature, could you please kick Phil in his cute little groundhog behind and get this season going?!

Yes, yes, I know. The trees and grass are still sleeping. Enjoying that last bit of slumber before they awaken and bring forth the madness that is allergy season. And bees. And mowing. And pollen covered vehicles.

Crud.

Ok, fine. We'll ride the rollercoaster that is this time of the year. Highs of 50s one day, 20s the next. Sunny with the windows open, then close them tight for another round of snow. March 21st is coming, it's just around the corner from St. Patty's day. But, first...

We must pay homage to the bare-butted cherubs that take pleasure in shooting people in the arse with their heart-tipped arrows. Sneaky little buggers. One of them got me nigh on 26 years ago now. I am ever grateful to that little scamp.

So, to keep myself busy, I shall bake. Bake cupcakes, I say! *CupcakeP* *CupcakeV* Chocolate and yellow with pink and red frosting and sprinkles!! So many sprinkles. These shall be gobbled up by myself, the love of my life, and our two wonderful angels (that use their powers for good the vast majority of the time). Another round of chili, and soup, and all of the comforts we so enjoy on these cold days... because they will come to an end, soon.

This time of the year when it feels like Christmas is just at the far end of my peripheral vision and the 4th of July is getting ever closer. When I take the car through the carwash but know that the days are coming when I can eschew that cost and have the fun of washing it in the driveway (or have fun watching the kids wash it in the driveway *Wink*). I can put away the sweatshirts and get out the shorts!

We are getting there, folks. Slowly, but surely.

Until then, I'll try not to shoot six holes in my freezer.


© Copyright 2023 Mad(Hatter)die Stone (UN: stoland1999 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mad(Hatter)die Stone has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1044482-02-08-23-Cabin-Fever