*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1047306-For-March-30th-Happiness
Rated: E · Book · Personal · #2293123
book number two
#1047306 added April 1, 2023 at 3:20pm
Restrictions: None
For March 30th Happiness
I have been thinking about my grandma Rosie. She has been gone for 23 years come June. She was born in 1906, and it boggles the mind what she must have seen over her lifetime. For heaven's sake, she was 6 years old when the Titanic went down. I wonder if she saw the headlines in a local paper?

She was all of 4'11", if that and spry and very witty. She and my dad would go round and round. I grew up thinking that Grandma hated my dad and vice versa. It was years later that I found out it was their way of kidding around. Who knew?

I have fond memories of Grandma. One of which was I was in the hospital with pneumonia; Grandma and Mom were coming to see me and hit some ice and wrecked. Mom flung her arm out and ended up breaking my grandma's nose *Shock2*. Mom had a huge cut below her knee having plowed into the dashboard of the Ford Pinto. She ended up staying with me in the hospital for the week. Wow....*FacePalm*

Just some bittersweet memories that bring a smile/tear to my eyes.

*HeartBroken* *HeartP*


signature updated by lili_in_fl
© Copyright 2023 AmyJo-"ber" months are here! (UN: ajar0627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AmyJo-"ber" months are here! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1047306-For-March-30th-Happiness