*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1049605-To-be-or-not-to-be
by NelY
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #2292262
... where my muse goes for 2023 ...
#1049605 added May 14, 2023 at 9:05pm
Restrictions: None
To be or not to be.
         In the realm of artistic creation and even in the broader scope of existence, the dichotomy of good versus bad holds no weight. The value of one's creations or accomplishments cannot be measured in such simplistic terms. This holds true whether one is discussing the art of writing or the complexities of life itself. Rules are a necessary component of maintaining order and ensuring that our actions are in line with societal expectations. Adhering to these norms is crucial, as it allows us to stay grounded in certainty and ensures that our behaviour is deemed acceptable by the broader public. It's imperative to always bring your best to whatever you deem worthy of your efforts—I mean nothing short of your absolute best.

         For any aspiring writer looking to make the leap to professional authorship, it is imperative to always strive for excellence in one's craft. Dedication to honing one's writing skills is key to success in the competitive world of publishing. The matter of whether or not something is deemed "acceptable" by industry standards is inconsequential to the discourse at hand. The content producer's primary idea for the piece holds paramount importance, with the subsequent evolution of the concept following closely behind. To join the ranks of the uninspired masses, colloquially known as commoners, one need only adhere to their established norms. If you think you've got what it takes to outshine the rest and make a name for yourself, then just be you.

         Whatever you're peddling will be customised to suit the buyer's needs, whether it's a minor tweak or a major overhaul. It's those who are ponying up the money that hold the cards and ultimately call the shots—a universal principle that cuts across all manner of enterprises. Just because you may have a certain level of notoriety, it doesn't necessarily grant you the authority to dictate the course of your life. Only when you achieve independence can you truly be the master of your own destiny. Yet not every individual reigns supreme in their chosen industry, where their livelihoods depend on their expertise. In other words, their ability to "bring home the bacon" may be compromised.

         Do what's right for you and your craft. And be okay with it if others have to promote or peddle your work in a way that tweaks or overhauls what you've made. It's strictly business, nothing personal. The notion that being a public figure grants you complete control is a fallacy, as far as I can discern. Sorry, but you ain't going to pull that off until you hit the big leagues of godhood, "independence," in either your personal or professional realm.

© Copyright 2023 NelY (UN: nely at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NelY has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1049605-To-be-or-not-to-be