*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1050602-Peace
Rated: 18+ · Book · Community · #2257034
Birthday Bash Relay. Excited on Second Place! Now for various WDC contests and activities
#1050602 added June 5, 2023 at 12:53pm
Restrictions: None
Peace
I tell you, all I wanted was a bit of peace. Is that too much to ask for, after a hard fortnight in the office, pitching for a new client? We were up against some of the country's top advertising agencies, and our creative director kept our noses to the grindstone ... day and night. I haven't changed my clothes for ... but you really don't want to know.

Anyway, the pitch is done and they're going to reveal who gets selected after everyone has presented. At this point, I really don't care. I'm physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually exhausted.

So to come home to crying twins, a sulky cat, an absent husband and a complaining mother-in-law was too much to take. "I'm meditating, do not disturb," I said, and locked myself in my room.

Somehow I managed not to hear the hammering on the door. But there was to be no peace anyway. Having shut out the outside, my insides began. You can't eat pizza, burger and fries for breakfast, lunch and dinner every day for a fortnight and expect your tummy to leave you in peace ...

Sigh. There is no peace for the weary.


194 WORDS

© Copyright 2023 THANKFUL SONALI HAPPY WDC 24 (UN: mesonali at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
THANKFUL SONALI HAPPY WDC 24 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1050602-Peace