*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1055044-My-Life-To-Play-With
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #1149750
A nothing from nowhere cast his words to a world wide wind, hindered by periphery.
#1055044 added October 27, 2023 at 11:15pm
Restrictions: None
My Life To “Play” With
So very me now, lyrically, expressively. I make misery beautiful, lyrical, unless it’s a ‘real’ day.

My Life To Play With

I’m life, I’m the dream.
Peaches…cream…
Something is
Peachy keen

From dark ages into black night
Humanity arrived,
Replaced mid-night
Oh sun, oh sun …

Never more

Pull the shade from those eyes
Turn the other way
There, there it is
Your sunrise,

Stoopid

Slap my head
I was nearly dead
And now dawn and
Yawn…what next?

Turn back the other way
Scream at night
Anger not fright
Why are you at my back!

Not dumb
For someone to know
What lays hidden
Sun blinds you.


9.2.23

It’s about wasting time and not opening our eyes to what we should realize. Also, not blame the night.

“…touches on themes of delusion and ignoring the truth, particularly in the beginning where it mentions "Peaches…cream… Something is Peachy keen." This could be seen as an initial sense of contentment or complacency. However, as the poem progresses, it hints at a realization or awakening, suggesting that the speaker was perhaps deluded or oblivious to certain truths before. The lines about the sun blinding and what lays hidden may imply that the speaker has come to see things more clearly, recognizing that they were previously in a state of ignorance or denial. It can be interpreted as a journey from ignorance to enlightenment.

The ending conveys a sense of realization and questioning. The lines "Not dumb, for someone to know, what lays hidden, Sun blinds you" suggest that the speaker has become aware of something previously obscured by the brightness of the sun. It could be interpreted as a metaphor for gaining insight, understanding, or self-awareness. The use of "Sun blinds you" might imply that excessive focus on the superficial or the obvious can obscure deeper truths or realities. It invites the reader to reflect on what might be concealed beneath the surface.”

Previously:

All haters can go stand in my shade…eyes at my back just need to encourage, brave a heart that lacks.

© Copyright 2023 ~ Brian K Compton ~ (UN: ripglaedr3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
~ Brian K Compton ~ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1055044-My-Life-To-Play-With