*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1072400-I-trust-no-career-politicians
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#1072400 added June 9, 2024 at 7:10pm
Restrictions: None
I trust no career politicians


Some of us were talking about the weeks leading up to Obamacare passing. I first became disillusioned with politicians as a teenager in Pittsburgh. But that's a discussion for another day.

Since then, there have been many times that politicians have proven to me that they cannot be trusted.

I remember when they were supposedly arguing about Obamacare.

I and many others asked where does the Constitution say that the federal government should control our health care.

Some ignored our questions.

Some tried to say that it was so that we could pursue life, liberty and happiness.

Some claimed that the federal government is supposed to take care of our general welfare.

Some boldly said that they didn't know. Or care, obviously.

The ones who really bothered me were the ones who said that their job was to create laws and the job of the Supreme Court was to determine if the laws that they passed were Constitutional. Some of the ones who said that were supposed Constitutional scholars themselves or supposed conservatives who ran on wanting limited government. It was then that I realized that none of them would ever want limited government nor would they want to stop creating laws to control us.

© Copyright 2024 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1072400-I-trust-no-career-politicians