*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1072915-1776-parking
Rated: ASR · Book · Comedy · #2318227
I saw some graffiti in a bathroom stall.
#1072915 added June 19, 2024 at 10:07pm
Restrictions: None
1776 parking...




The parking lot was full.
June 19th federal holiday.
Everybody wants to go to the beach.
I just want a parking space.

The traffic was horrible from 95 to Brown Avenue.
Then the traffic in the Lafeyette Parking lot was bumper to bumper.
It took two hours to reach the parking lot.
And I parked in a reserved lease space and took a shower at my studio apartment.

It was 97 degrees.
I came back to find a handicap space.
A handicap space was taken by a lady who did not have handicap plates or a permit.
I asked her to move...

She lowered her window and gave me the finger.
Then, her large boyfriend shouted from the passenger side "Get lost!"
There was bumper to bumper traffic all round us.
I sat in my minivan with the signal on next to a parked car behind them.

She backed her Honda out as a large GM white pickup with handicap plates signal for my space.
I drove behind the Honda and nearly hit the GM pickup as I slid into the handicap space.
The one driver of the handicap GM pickup drove out of the parking lot.
She was an elderly woman.

I feel triumphant!


Vertigo
© Copyright 2024 bob county (UN: muzzy43 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
bob county has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1072915-1776-parking