*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
19
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1074132-Children-Arent-Seventeen-and-Under
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2209065
A blog devoted just to my scriptwriting. That’s all I’m going to blogging about here.
#1074132 added July 18, 2024 at 11:31pm
Restrictions: None
'Children' Aren't Seventeen and Under
'Children' Aren’t
Seventeen and Under


I may be the only one here on Earth who feels this way. But ‘children’ aren’t under eighteen. Why did I put ‘children’ in Quation Marks? It’s because I don’t believe they are ‘children’ just because they are under eighteen. To me, ‘children’ are nine and under. I could go even deeper to include toddlers, infants, and babies.

Preteen, or are they called Tweens now, are between ten and twelve. Thirteen to seventeen are teenagers or teens. I don’t like it when something comes up and they are labeled ‘children.’ They aren’t children unless they are nine and under. At least that’s how I feel.

That’s why I put the exact ages of my characters. Whether they are scriptwriting, short stories, poems, etc. I give them an age. I know it doesn’t matter when it comes to selling my scriptwriting, short stories, poems, etc. They will make them any age they want them to be. Especially regarding my scriptwriting.

With short stories, poems, etc., ages don’t matter that much. But they do in scriptwriting. Of course, I know that once I sell my scriptwriting the Producers, Directors, and other Scriptwriters can change them one way or another. But there is nothing I can do about that.

I know that Producers, Directors, etc. can change the age of the characters if they want to do it. They can also advance their ages by five to ten years or more. The Daytime Dramas do this all the time. A ‘child’ leaves the show, but when they return they are about five years older.

Another way to change their age is to get Actors or Actresses older than their characters because they look that age. I hate that almost as much as I hate the use of ‘children.’ If they are supposed to be a certain age, the Actor or Actress should be that age too. Of course, that could be a problem for scriptwriting like mine.

The age difference between us on Earth and the ages of the individuals on Poulask are three times as we are. That means Chaad, Suuri, Hoolle, etc. will be sixteen, thirteen, ten, etc. for three years. That could be a big problem for Hoolle and maybe Suuri. They may need a new Actress each year.

Most likely, when a scriptwriting project like Water Wars is sold the Producers, Directors, etc. will just age the main characters by five to ten years, probably ten. Instead of becoming an Adult at twenty, they will become one at thirty. That means Chaad will be twenty-six, Suuri will be twenty-three, and Hoolle will be twenty.

Reen, Voonc, and Kiirra will probably stay the same age. After all, almost everyone knows that ‘children’ can’t do what they do in my Water Wars scriptwriting project. I don’t feel that way. But most Earthlings do. And there is nothing I can do about that.





© Copyright 2024 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1074132-Children-Arent-Seventeen-and-Under