*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
19
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1074401-It-Didnt-Happen-Again
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2209065
A blog devoted just to my scriptwriting. That’s all I’m going to blogging about here.
#1074401 added July 25, 2024 at 11:20pm
Restrictions: None
It Didn't Happen Again
It Didn’t Happen Again


For the past several attempts to finish creating my Water Wars scriptwriting project, I have started over to some degree. Sometimes it was just a little bit of a degree. And sometimes I started all over again. When I did start over however far back I went with it, it usually started before I started creating my single-paragraph Story Outlines.

I’m not going to do that this time. I have already started writing my single-paragraph Story Outlines. And I’m not going back to starting all over again from any aspect of it. There are a couple of drawbacks I don’t like about this format. But overall, I like it the best of all.

What I don’t like about this format is that each Act is the same length. I would have preferred the Teaser and the Tag Act to be shorter than the four main Acts. But I had some problems with that. Problems I couldn’t solve without some compromises. The only way I could figure out how to solve these problems was to make them all the same length.

Another problem I had with the length of my Teaser Acts was what to do about the Opening Credits. Traditionally, they came after the Teaser Acts. But those Acts are usually only a few minutes long. My Teaser Act ends after about nine minutes. That’s too long for an Opening Credits option.

I had several choices about my Opening Credits problem. One way is to not have any Opening Credits except for the title of the series, maybe the title of the Part or Episode. Another way is to have the Credits appear in the first few scenes when the characters first appear, freezing them so their Actor/Actress names can appear for a few seconds.

The other way I can write these into the scripts is to have traditional Opening Credits. But not at the end of the Teaser Act. Now they will appear a third of the way into this Act, after the tenth scene. Tenth scenes usually end in a shock, a mystery, a question, or a cliffhanger.

Another problem with this format is how each Act begins and ends. Each Act begins with either Chaad, Suuri, or Hoolle. The next one in line took the next scene or the scene before the end. In other words, I’m starting and ending each Act with two main characters instead of one. Now I’m only starting and ending each Act with one character.

It's not just the one character starting and ending each Act, though. It is because two secondary characters are the next two characters beginning and ending these Acts. Reen, Voonc, and Kiirra are the Adults in this series. I’m afraid they will become the main focus of this series.

Why am I writing about all the above when I should be writing about what I accomplished today with my single-paragraph Story Outlines? It’s because I don’t have that much to write about regarding that. Unfortunately, I only got fifteen single paragraphs written today. It looks like my limit for writing these single paragraphs.

If I write fifteen single paragraphs a day it means it will take me four days to write each Part or Episode. It almost means it will take me about a month to finish writing these single-paragraph Story Outlines. I’m hoping it won’t take me that long in the future.







© Copyright 2024 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1074401-It-Didnt-Happen-Again