*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1076561-30-Fally-Cinnamon-Rolls-quietscheyellow-carbs
Rated: 13+ · Book · Food/Cooking · #2313608
Old Place, New – carb-loaded! – Soul Food
#1076561 added September 10, 2024 at 1:59pm
Restrictions: None
30. Fally Cinnamon Rolls (quietscheyellow carbs)





Americans, and everyone else it concerns: PUMPKIN-season's off! *Delight*

In the German supermarket of my trust Halloween and Christmas yums stand side by side in prominent position... just behind the fruit & veg section showing off like 6 variations of pumpkin to choose from. *Laugh*

Granted I've tried out those before ("17. Cinnamon Rolls), but they were a little... small-time*Blush*; although quite pretty and yummy indeed.*ThumbsUpL*

I got the idea for this variation when there was (among other things) pumpkin left that almost trotted away on its own. *Shock*

I found the recipe in a collection of fall-themed recipes from the German magazine Landidee, which revolves around country life, from food over interior design to country travel.

I was a bit worried that I'd manage only "small-time" again, but also tempted because the photo of the recipe looked so *StarStruck**Hungry*

And what can I say? They looked far more than the cinnamon rolls I ate in North America (both Canada and NY)*ThumbsUpGreen*, although they were quietschegelb inside.*Shock* But the pumpkin added a yummy extra taste, for sure.*Hungry*

Okay, they take some time because the dough must rest decently. *Yawn* And while you wait for the dough, you can do stuff around the house; not, though, weekly groceries as leaving the dough rest too long F–s it up (yes, Capital F).*Shock2*

And, dudes, is that well-invested time, not only for your home.*Rolling* *Hungry*




Serves: 16 decent ones, 1 unpretty one*Angelic*

Prep Time: 3+ hrs 2 hrs letting the dough rest

Degree of Difficulty: actually simple, but a bit tricky, because of the yeast dough It rose; oh, did that bugger rise!*Shock2*, BUT: it was way too soggy + gooey to prepare it immediately; see below.*Down**Pthb*



WE NEED I scaled it down as it was a use-up recipe (original quantities in parenthesis


ROLLS


170 (250) gr / 5 (8.8) oz.
Hokkaido-pumpkin
385 (575) gr / 1.6 (2.4) US cups flour spelt flour here
2/3 (1) cube = 28 (42) gr = 1 (1.5) oz. live yeast
170 (250) ml / 5.75 (8.5) US fl.oz. milk 3.5 - 3.8 % fat
85 (130) gr / 3 (4.5) oz. clarified butter
50 (75) gr / 1.75 (2 2/3) oz. sugar muscovado here
1 pck. vanilla sugar
2 eggs M-sized

70 (100) gr / 2.5 (3.5) oz. brown sugar = muscovado*Idea*

1 tbsp
ground cinnamon Ceylon here, as the cheaper Cassia contains too much Cumarin that can damage the liver at small doses already.*ExclaimR**Shock2*

2 tbsp milk


Topping

50 gr / 1.75 oz.
cream cheese UN-flavoured-reduced of anything
2 tsp milk
3 tbsp confectioner's sugar



WE DO

1. Cut
the pumpkin into 1/2 in cubes and cook it with about 2 tbsp water for about 10-15 minutes, until tender. Poke it with a knife; when it sinks in it's done. Let cool. Then puree.


2.
In the meantime, put the flour into a large bowl and make a mold into the middle, and crumble in the yeast. Heat 170 (250) ml / 5.75 (8.5) US fl.oz. milk with 40 (60) gr / 1.5 (2.1) oz. clarified butter in a pot until they're lukewarm= 26°C / 79°F; otherwise, you kill the yeast*Shock2* –, then pour over the yeast. Gently whisk with a fork until the yeast has dissolved, and let rest for 10 minutes.

THEN:

3. Add sugar, vanilla sugar, 1 egg + pumpkin puree and knead with the kneading hooks of your KitchenAid / hand mixer (which I used) until you have a smooth dough, which you let rest for 2 hrs at a warm place, covered with a dishtowel... until it has doubled in size.




I'd do the following only AFTER prepping the dough, as it takes forever to recover it when you F-ed it up, like me = energy waste!*Idea* Also I realized in hindsight, why they used molds for the rolls.*RollEyes*


4. Preheat the oven to 170 (190)°C / 340 (375)°F fan / convention (top-/bottom-heat) and grease 2 oven-proof
molds with clarified butter. Which I, in my hubris didn't do*RollEyes*


5. roll out the dough rectangular on a floured work surface until it's about 1 cm / 0.4 in thick. Brush it with 45 (70) gr / 1 2/3 (2.5) oz. clarified butter, sprinkle it with brown sugar + cinnamon and roll it up from the long side. Here, I've royally F-ed up. It took 20 minutes, 2-3+ extra oz. of flour and a heck of kneading until the dough was firm enough so I could finish this step.*Sick*





Cut the dough roll into 16 about 3 cm / 1.2 in thick rolls, and place them closely together into the molds.

NOPE. Since I don't possess such iron molds, and didn't want to risk the integrity of my springs, I shaped them by hand and put them onto 2 baking sheets with baking paper. Took quite a bit of pinching them together enough so they kept a cinnamon-roll-shape, but they made it.*BigSmile*




6. Whisk
together 2 tbsp milk and the remaining egg, and brush the rolls with it.


7. Bake the rolls in the middle of the oven for 30-35 minutes – putting tin foil over them so they don't burn, if necessary, which it was.*ExclaimR* Remove them from the oven, and let them cool until warm to the touch.


8. While they cool, whisk together cream cheese, milk + confectioner's sugar until viscousmine was unfortunately liquid*Pthb* – then pour it over, and spread it across the rolls with a brush.



Guten Hunger! *StarStruck**Pumpkin2**HeartRate1**Hungry*

© Copyright 2024 Olivia's writing adult stuff (UN: olivia44 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Olivia's writing adult stuff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1076561-30-Fally-Cinnamon-Rolls-quietscheyellow-carbs