*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1077427-Aida-Barrel-of-Monkeys
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1940894
Originally for the 30-Day Blog Challenge. Now just a blog about a flailing mermaid
#1077427 added September 29, 2024 at 7:21am
Restrictions: None
Aida [Barrel of Monkeys]
So, it would seem I'm back(ish) on WDC. Well, if you class buying a membership and deleting nearly 200 items from my porfolio as back, then I'm back.

I had absolutely zero intention of entering any contests or doing any activities. But then I spotted Barrel of Monkeys. I figured that while I was exploring something I used to love but had forgotten about, I might as well double up.

Allow me to take you on a mini journey through my time with Sarah Mclachlan playing in the background - or not as the case may be. You're probably reading the first entry last since thatโ€™s how they will be displayed to you. It doesnโ€™t really matter. Only the first and last are in any strict order. Enjoy.

Our first stop on our Sarah McLachlan tour is Adia, which was on the Surfacing album (1997)



If I'm honest, Surfacing was never my favourite album. Although, as I looked to make this list, there were a few more than I thought could have made it.

But Adia is where we begin, as it is where I began my journey.

My best friend at the time was a big Sarah McLachlan fan. We shared a love for various artists and types of music. I've never been a single-genre girl; I'm quite content with my eclectic tastes and having a broad array of tunes I can turn to. But for some reason, I wasn't interested whenever my friend turned on Sarah.

In what must have been the late 1990s/early 2000s, my friend got her hands on the Surfacing album, and I think she was very much hoping I would fall in love with it. After all, it was probably one of the only things we didnโ€™t have in common (music-wise, at least).

She played the album a few times, and I admit, I warmed to it. But there was definitely one song that stood out to me. Adia.

It wasn't long before I picked up my own Sarah albums and started playing them on repeat, making sure they were always uploaded to my iPods, etc.

There is no real reason I can think of for Adia to stand out to me at the time. But I'm glad it did.

Adia, I'm empty since you left me
Trying to find a way to carry on
I search myself and everyone
To see where we went wrong


© Copyright 2024 Fran ๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿงœโ€โ™€๏ธ (UN: frannywill at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fran ๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿงœโ€โ™€๏ธ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1077427-Aida-Barrel-of-Monkeys