*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1077434-Just-Like-Me-Barrel-of-Monkeys
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1940894
Originally for the 30-Day Blog Challenge. Now just a blog about a flailing mermaid
#1077434 added September 29, 2024 at 7:41am
Restrictions: None
Just Like Me [Barrel of Monkeys]
Our next stop on our Sarah McLachlan tour is Just Like Me, which was on the Bloom album (2005)



This is an odd selection for me. But we'll go with it.

Just Like Me was on Sarah's second remix album, and, like Silence, the song only features Sarah rather than being one of her own. It’s a rap song ... is it? I don’t know; I know absolutely nothing about that genre. It is one of those genres that I pay no attention whatsoever to.

But for some reason, I was completely obsessed with this song for a while. I remember constantly having it on in the car. When it got near the end of the song, I'd hit the back button, and the whole thing would start over.

Why?

I genuinely have no idea. I have just listened to it a few times, trying to find a reason. But other than being catchy and reminding me of car journeys, I can hear nothing that would cause this level of obsessive listening.

What can I say? Sometimes, you just like what you like. You don’t always need a reason.

As I walk through the corners of Cooley High
I gotta be thankful that I’m still alive
I have a lot of thoughts like who the hell am I
What is the truth and what is a lie?
But I think about my life and everything is okay
I gotta pave the way to a brighter day
Cause it’s really plain and simple when it came to me
There’s a lot of people just like me (like me)
There’s a whole lot just like me (like me)

© Copyright 2024 Fran 🌈🧜‍♀️ (UN: frannywill at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fran 🌈🧜‍♀️ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1077434-Just-Like-Me-Barrel-of-Monkeys