*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1077564-Maggie-Smith-Violet-Quote-Feelings
Rated: ASR · Book · Personal · #1313678
You will find Taylor Swift, women items and everything under the sun.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1077564 added October 1, 2024 at 4:20pm
Restrictions: None
Maggie Smith, Violet Quote Feelings
Prompt: "You have to control your feelings before they take control of you." Violet Downton Abbey I know it is Maggie Smith, Violet Week. Write about this quote in your Blog entry today.

I have had health problems upset me so bad and I need a Xanax to feel better. My family were being hard to handle when my father died last year and I had to get a handle on things. Mom was being a brat and my sister and son were home. They don't live around here. I was crying and mad at everyone. I listened to Vietnam Protest Songs because Dad was in Vietnam three times and Dad and I had never been close {Thank you, Vietnam! NOT!} but the last 25 years we were better and were in a great place the last 10 years of his life. My son is a Psychologist and we talked and I got control of my feelings. I was sad. At Dad's funeral, I found out people were there for us. My mother got it together and my sister and I weren't raised together but we were there for each other dealing with things. I got control of my feelings and my family and I bonded then. We had to. You don't want to fight at a funeral.

At my job with bosses and the mentally ill. That was rough. I had to take control of my feelings and be there for those people plus take care of my own needs. I got the job done. I am retired now and I am glad. I still get upset. I have arthritis and other health issues but I see a Doctor and deal with things. We have to.

I try to control my feelings before they get the better of me. I want to stay mentally sound. I agree with Violet.

Merit Badge in Downton Abbey Ladies
[Click For More Info]

In honor and memory of the passing of Maggie Smith.  Here she is as Violet in Downton Abbey, a favorite of mine and my better half's, but she created many memorable characters.  *^*Heart*^*

© Copyright 2024 Princess Morticia Megan Rose (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Morticia Megan Rose has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1077564-Maggie-Smith-Violet-Quote-Feelings