*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1077606-Enough-With-the-Rain-Already
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1196512
Not for the faint of art.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1077606 added October 2, 2024 at 8:09am
Restrictions: None
Enough With the Rain, Already
Dealt with rain all day yesterday.

I can't complain too much, though. Had I stayed home, I would have had to endure many days of rain, mostly spun off from Hurricane Helene. We didn't get anywhere close to the worst of it where I live, and being in other parts of the South would have sucked even worse. So I try to keep things in perspective.

Still, rain on vacation isn't ideal.

I walked around Vieux Lyon (Old Lyon) anyway, slipping and tripping on ancient cobblestones and occasionally juggling my umbrella and camera phone to get a shot of something interesting.

As I mentioned in my previous entry, the travel agent had lined up a food-tasting tour for me. This involved more walking (in the rain) around Vieux Lyon, trying to keep up with younger, healthier tourists while cramming ourselves into tiny shops.

The food and wine were worth it, though. This place has its own traditional cuisine, which mostly involves cured meats and cheese, and, needless to say, both pair really well with the local wine.

I'll have more to say about the wine in future entries, but I did want to share this lucky pic I caught on the way to the food tour. I've censored the faces for privacy; what's important are the words on the woman's umbrella. It may not mean much if you're not familiar with French, and, as with anything funny, explaining it negates its impact (though I might comment with the explanation later, if people want). But it made my entire day and almost made up for the relentless downpour.

 ~

© Copyright 2024 Waltz en France (UN: cathartes02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Waltz en France has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1077606-Enough-With-the-Rain-Already