*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
4
5
6
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1077887-Forgive-me
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#1077887 added October 7, 2024 at 10:08am
Restrictions: None
Forgive me
Prompt: forgiveness
“Forgiveness is a complex thing. It can sometimes be easier to forgive our enemies than our friends. It can be hardest of all to forgive people we love.”
Fred Rogers
What do you think about the prompt and/or do you think forgiveness is always a solution to problems?

Forgiveness is one thing but being able to forget a hurt, a slight, or even a fist, is another thing entirely.
I have experienced many times when someone’s actions caused me emotional pain and because they’re family I’ve forgiven. I’ve tried to understand their reasons for doing or saying what they did but I’ve never forgotten though, because that’s impossible. I can possibly forgive hurts to myself but if anyone hurt a loved one of mine that would be difficult.
The quote says it’s harder to forgive a loved one and that’s probably because it seems incomprehensible that someone who professes to love you can also hurt you.

There was a family a while back whose three children had gone to buy an ice cream. They’d been walking on the pavement when a speeding car ran into them and killed them instantly. The parents were of Muslim faith and they fronted up to the news cameras and said that they forgave that driver,. They said they did it because if they allowed him to fill their hearts full of hatred it would totally destroy their lives too.
Maybe losing your kids like that would be easier to bear if one had a religious faith and accepted it was God’s will.


© Copyright 2024 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1077887-Forgive-me