*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1077998-October-Wondering
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#1077998 added October 9, 2024 at 12:37pm
Restrictions: None
October Wondering
Beautiful October: What is most beautiful about October?


Merit Badge in BCoF 2
[Click For More Info]

Congratulations on your virtual blogging adventure! Hi!

I think the best part at least this year is the turning of the leaves. The winter birds are gone. They usually leave in October. They left this year about mid-September. I watched for the flocking, and it started early.

The big maple by the house turned leaves the end of September. The trees in the woods are still very green except for some that border the hayfield. I think the closer the deciduous trees are to the open ground the faster they turn. We are getting some really low temperatures at night. I moved my lettuce and some flowers into the foyer yesterday. Today I was rehanging plants from the balcony inside for the winter because we are getting some frost .

Every afternoon for the last several days a wind about 7 miles per hour kicks up from the west. I'll be cleaning gutters soon. Leaves will fill them from the front yard.

It makes October interesting. The herald of winter temperatures or maybe just atmospheric changes because of the hurricanes in the southern part of the country.

Can it snow in October?




© Copyright 2024 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1077998-October-Wondering