*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/215067-One-Special-Christmas
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #464720
You supply the reading. I'll supply the writing.
#215067 added February 6, 2003 at 4:42pm
Restrictions: None
One Special Christmas
(Just so you'll know...I've been having lots of trouble sending emails lately...especially long emails. They've been getting deleted and not being sent...but on the bright side...Netscape has settled down. We're no longer having troubles logging onto the net.)





Mitchell is coming down with a cold...guess I know what we'll all be getting for Christmas here. *Smile*

It rained very hard here yesterday...took all the snow away. We're not expecting any before December 25th either. *Frown* We've had green Christmas before here...they're just not the same.

I remember a green Christmas I had in England once. A light dusting of snow finally fell Christmas morning. All the little English kids came running out of their houses to play outside. My brother and I found it very amusing. We were in a city...in the industrial Midlands...no hills in that neighborhood...and there are these English kids with their sleds...trying to push them down the cobbled streets. I guess kids are kids where ever you go. *Smile*

Derek and I went Christmas shopping the other day...we did okay actually. I'm happy...for the most part...with the presents we've bought.

I am so far behind this year with my Christmas shopping...normally I've been done weeks ago.

Throughout the year I look for things to decorate presents with. I'm big on Christmas themed stuff toys...or really good ornaments. I guess everybody likes the trouble I go to...I got that from my Grandmother.

I like to have similar wrapping paper for each person...if possible...with co-ordinated bows and stuff...plus the stuffed toys or ornaments on each present. (Must be the artist in me *Blush* )

I've always loved to give presents...not just at Christmastime. I believe in surprising someone I care about with something they want at any time of the year. I go for presents that they want and not something that they need. The way I figure it...the stuff they need...they'll end up getting for themselves anyways...I wouldn't want to give them toothpaste or toilet paper. I much prefer to give something that I know they truly want. Preferrably...something that they see as an "extravagance"...not necessarily a luxury item...but something they'd really like to have...if other things didn't always come first.

I wanted to make the Christmas before I got married...a very special one. One she would remember for the rest of her life. I had already decided to ask her to marry me. It didn't matter if she had said "no" as far as the presents were concerned.

I couldn't wrap them all because there was so many. Some Christmas's are like that for me...other's can be pretty bare under the tree.

But that Christmas...I got everything that I wanted to get for her. *Smile*

She was spending Christmas morning with her family
...me with mine. I had set up her presents in my parent's house.

I phoned and asked her to come over...that I had her present at my place. She found it awkward leaving her family to come pick up a present that they thought...should have been brought to their house long before Christmas day.

She came over...and there in the living room under the tree...(we had removed all of our presents before she got there...whatever she saw...was her's)...was all kinds of kitchen things.

I love wooden things. There was a wooden roll top breadbox...knive block...wooden serving trays and cutting boards...lots and lots of wicker baskets...wooden and glass canister sets...all kinds of wooden handled cultlery...lots more things too.

I also love copper things...different size frying pans with wall racks...copper utensils with their own wall rack...pots and pans. That was the living room. She didn't expect to find what she did in my parent's kitchen...

An eight person setting dinnerware set...with matching teapots...large containers of some sort and their lids...serving dishes...cups...everything I could get for that set...even egg holders...(I think that's what they're called).

She thought she was done until I asked her to get something for me from a back spareroom. I knew how much music meant to her...so there she found a 12 string guitar...with lined case...with an engraved plaque...and a couple of guitar stands...and strings and straps and stuff.

I also had a ring for her but I had something special in mind before I gave her that...She got the ring several days later.

The next Christmas she got a vaccum cleaner and a few bits and bobs...(Yes...she did want a new vaccum cleaner. *Smile* )

A few years later...I went crazy with the boy's Christmas...

but that's another story.

Merry Christmas everyone

*Heart* HoHoHo *Heart*

© Copyright 2003 Thumbsucker (UN: thumbsucker at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Thumbsucker has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/215067-One-Special-Christmas