*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/238073-Day-Twenty-Six
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #539038
I'm beginng to update again, so look forward to more stories!
#238073 added April 21, 2003 at 11:04pm
Restrictions: None
Day Twenty-Six
Watch out for mild curses like 'idiot' in this chapter. Thanks.

         The only way to get there was to fly. Real high and real fast. There's a scientific principle for that in case anyone of you wants to know. The higher you fly, the shorter the distance you have to travel. Depending on the speed you're travelling, you could reach there anywhere from a maximum of three hours to a minimum of forty minutes. I tend to be somewhere in between.

         Kurama was looking at me suspiciously. All the work had been done and we had sent Clapika and Peter to tell Dumbledore. Sukina, Gon, Kirua and Shuura were the only ones left to see us off. We'd sent Clapika to tell Dumbledore and the rest top sleep. Until further notice, Gon, Kirua and Shuura were Sukina's bodyguards and Sukina was going to make sure Kirua didn't kill people and Shuura would not try to escape and 'rejoin' his father. Of course, the kids didn't know that.
         "How high are we going again?" Kurama asked me.
         "Only until the mesosphere.* You know as well as I do about the coordinates and theory behind that in maths." Kurama's eyes became a little wild at that point.
         "Nandeska, baka kitsune?" Hiei said. What's is it, you idiotic fox?
         He stalked off at that point, muttering something to himself. "I think the elves should have some kind of strong liquor. Will you help him find it, Kirua-san? It'll probably have to be something very strong," I said mischeviously.

         Ten minutes later we were ready to fly. I heard Kirua say something about never having seen anyone drink so much before, and if you looked at Kurama, you wouldn't be able to believe it as he looked like a man who was not drunk, but had merely a touch of alcohol to give him some much-needed courage.
         "Okay..." he slurred his words a little. "Let's go," I take back what I said about him not loking drunk.
         "He's not fit to fly, 'Nee-chan," Sukina pointed out unneccessarily.
         "He'll fly with me. Dianna, Rimana," I called out two Unicorns.
         "Don't worry," I said, as Hiei looked at him mount in a weird way (actually I should say 'terrified' but he was not too close to that yet), "She won't harm you. She's actually more placid than this one," I said.
         In the moonlight Dianna gleamed. Her silvery mane flowed even though there was no breeze and her lean, graceful figure would have fetched me a fine fortune at the races, if she was a physical being.
         My steed on the other hand, was a stallion who looked as though he had seen better days. He looked old but anyone who was a horse expert would tell you to bet on him. He made up in experience what he lost in speed. It was he who suggested that we fly into the mesosphere. Did I mention that he was also quite temperamental? That was why I was riding him and not Hiei. Kurama was out of the picture for now. *phtb*

© Copyright 2003 Karen Rump (UN: priestess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Karen Rump has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/238073-Day-Twenty-Six