*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/243512-Sacrifices
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #539038
I'm beginng to update again, so look forward to more stories!
#243512 added June 2, 2003 at 10:15pm
Restrictions: None
Sacrifices
         Way up there, no one had noticed that Narcissa had arrived. She was not pleased. Her long blond hair was swirling in a wind of its own, and upon seeing her husband her eyes lit up with emotion. She had not felt any emotion for her husband in a long time, believing that his infidelity was something all those of the upper class felt. She tolerated it, until she realized that she had been taken for a fool. Her husband had married her only to produce the light of her life, and once that had been accomplished, nothing more was needed of her, only the care for her son. She had long ago shed any emotion, taking a perverse delight in making Lucius send Draco to Hogwarts rather than Drumstrang.
         She raised her wand. "Rikasa! Shuara thoras minara inkians shikaros sonar feitan!" she chanted, using the spell Sukina had taught her.
         The spell worked a little too well. Malfoy, who was looking at the duel between Barbara and Voldie, was flung back over a large area over the duel, prompting the two contestants to stop.
         "What the..?! NARCISSA! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?" Lucius asked in a loud voice.
         "I've had it with you, Lucius. You've used me for too long. I'm sick of it. I'll make you pay for what you did, in front of your so-called Lord!" she said.

         The distraction was working. Narcissa had such a bright nimbus around here that no one noticed that all about her, the dementors around her were disappearing. The focus of all the powers of the Chosen Ones and the Heir Princesses were cleansing everything that was not natural in this place. That included the Deatheaters and Voldie as well, but we were not going to let the Purification Spell touch them. We had other plans for them.
         It's up to you now, Lead, Princess. We're not allowed to interfere, and even if we were, we would not get there in time, one of the voices said.
         What is done is done. Thank you for your help. May Karma have mercy on you, my sister said farewell.
         And may you have a long and uneventful life. The image of a young gypsy girl came into my head.

         'Nee-chan. What are we going to do about Aniki?
         Gold, the colour of my hair. Silver for you, guardian of the fair. Bronze for Aniki, his fire surpassed only by his care. Remember, little one, he is our brother. No matter what happens, he is still our brother, and the both of us have a duty to protect you. He loves you, or else we would not in this mess. Come now. We must stop him, I reached my hand out to her.
         Though we were initially far apart, I soon found myself standing right next to her. Our hands interlinked, we raised our free hands and palm-faced them towards where Aniki was fighting with Kurama and Hiei.

"Firelight and Firestar,
 burning bright in skies afar,
 Give us strength to stoke the fire
 Banish darkness' ire
 Bring light to the dark!
 Remove the demon's MARK!"

         My sister and I chanted. Suddenly there was a bright light. It engulfed Aniki, burning him. He screamed as the fire burned him. Sukina looked away, but her hand was still facing him, as I was. I didn't look either, but my eyes were closed and there were tears streaming down our faces. The fire we were sending to him were not as strong as the pain in our hearts. It was burning and tearing us apart, but we could let the pressure go. If we did it would kill Kurama and Hiei. Who knew whom else our brother might kill if we set him free now?
         "Arigato... Imouto..." we heard him whisper.
         We turned to look at him immediately. He was smiling, a gentle smile we had not seen in ages, and then he fainted.
         "ANIKI!!!!"

© Copyright 2003 Karen Rump (UN: priestess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Karen Rump has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/243512-Sacrifices