*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/254662-Peace-is-an-elusive-thing
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #539038
I'm beginng to update again, so look forward to more stories!
#254662 added August 29, 2003 at 1:34am
Restrictions: None
Peace is an elusive thing...
         The curtains billowed gently in the wind. The light curtains danced with the breeze, taking it at one step at a time. The moon's light flickered as the curtains made a three-way dance with the breeze and the moon. On the soft, cottony four-poster, a young princess slept unawares, of a danger looming closer and closer, like a different shade of darkness, coming to consume her...

         "AHHHH!!!" I screamed as something icy-cold touched my shoulder.
         I turned and glared at the culprit. It was one of my college classmates, whose nickname was (which she had chosen for herself), Mouse. I absolutely hated when someone disturbed when I was typing furiously. That's when I generally have a very good idea.
         "Nani?!" I asked as rudely as I could. Mouse and I, after all, were anime fans, and we were also fanfic writers.
         "Eh, what's another word for heat?" she asked, looking at me with a mischevious grin.
         "Burn." I said that with a finality that meant, "Ask me more and I'll kill you."
         "No... Not the one I was looking for..." she mused, "Ah! That's it! Temperature!" she said, going back to her keyboard.
         Me, I stared blankly at mine, losing the mood totally. There were only so many things I could do without getting distracted and losing my concentration. Sighing, I gave up and went to another page. The clickity-clack of the keyboard gave me some comfort though. There was nothing better than hearing an old typewriter type, and this one was close enough to make me feel as though I really was typing on the old 'writer.
         I opened one of my many email accounts and was suprised to see one from a person I thought long gone. Then again, as I saw the name of the sender, it was only someone taking that name out of respect. It was written in very good English, and had my sister's mark all over them.

Dearest sister,
How are you? I hope this letter find you well and happy. I'm quite fine here. I've received another letter from Dumbledore-sama though, and there are matters happening in England that we cannot leave unchecked. I'm sure you have heard of the release of some the most dangerous youkais in Makai. Of all of them I think the one we must beware of the most is named Syako. You know who and what he is. He's rumoured to be coming after you, Onee-chan. Please take care!

Imouto Sukina


         Well, this seemed to be shaping up to be a normal day.

© Copyright 2003 Karen Rump (UN: priestess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Karen Rump has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/254662-Peace-is-an-elusive-thing