*Magnify*
    October     ►
SMTWTFS
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/255496-Missin-Mitch
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #464720
You supply the reading. I'll supply the writing.
#255496 added September 4, 2003 at 6:37pm
Restrictions: None
Missin' Mitch
I'm in a pretty good mood right now considering I've been outside in the rain today. Not sunglasses spotty-misty rain weather but the steady driving wet stuff. I had rain gear on but I still managed to get throughly soaked. I was just starting to shiver when I finally got in the car. I found out my nifty new car has a nifty new heater. In fact I'd say it's the best car heater I've ever come across. I'm not usually into heat...(my parents have an eight person hot tub and a sauna and I've never been in either since they got them about ten years ago)...but I had my nifty new car heater turned up full on the long drive home and loving every second of it. In fact...I'm almost tempted to go for another drive just so I can feel that wonderful heat again.

I miss Mitchell quite alot. Not his messyness or his occassional bad moods though. Those are realatively minor things. I miss talking to him about his day and laughing with him. Mitchell's got my sense of humour. He and I see the world very much alike. He doesn't mind at all having a laugh even if it's at his own expense. He works as a lifeguard...(just like his old man used to)...and as a joke he had photograghs of himself blown up as large as possible and laminated. He's put them all around the lifeguard shack so no matter where you look...there's Mitchell.

He's in France today as far as I know. They'll drive to Switzerland tomorrow and he'll get to see the Alps. I miss mountains. I mean really big mountains. I live on a "so called" mountain. It's not a mountain at all. The guys and I can bike up it all the way without stopping. Real mountains should be shrouded in clouds at their summit. People in the valleys should look like ants from the top.

I can't remember if I've written about this before or not...Hmmmmmmmm Who cares? I might as well tell it again. The guys and I went up in a single engine plane before...that was Derek and Mitch's first time flying. I've been in all kinds of aircraft in the past but the "Piper Cub" or whatever it was called was the smallest aircraft I've ever flown in. I wasn't used to feeling ever little bit of air turbulence...nor banking at 45 degree angles. I felt like I could fall right out the door. My brother used to sky dive. It would take a lot of nerve for me to knowingly leave a perfectly good plane and put my trust in some fabric and straps.

Before I go I'd like to make a special plug for Sherri's Make Me Laugh contest.

"Invalid Item"   by A Guest Visitor

I feel bad coz she's not getting many entries lately...well not since I've been entering anyways. Last week I was the only entrant. Is it just me or is there quite a bit of apathy just lately at this site? Whatever...Sherri's contest is my main motivation to write these days. She's a great sport and she gives away great prizes. I believe she has the best prizes of any contest I've seen at this site...and that's really saying something. (I want to win the toaster...or maybe the guest role as a walk on for the TV show of your choice. I think I'd choose The Simpsons)

I better go. I'm not used to having Mitchell's computer all to myself like this. No one asking me how much longer I'm gonna be using it. No one kicking me out of his room coz he wants to go to bed. Still...When all is said and done...I'd rather have Mitchell here.


** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only ** ** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **


"Invalid Item"   by A Guest Visitor Hi Terry *Heart*

© Copyright 2003 Thumbsucker (UN: thumbsucker at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Thumbsucker has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/255496-Missin-Mitch